Are you passionate about startups, technology and venture investments? Do you consider yourself an all-rounder with solid industry expertise? Do you want to work in a flexible environment with significant autonomy and responsibilities? Then, this is the right job for you.
All Iron Ventures (AIV) is a Spain-based VC promoted 3 years ago by the founders of Ticketbis, a secondary ticketing marketplace scaled globally and sold to eBay in 2016, achieving one of the main success stories in the Spanish startup ecosystem to date.
We’re a small team with the ambition to become a leading player in the european venture space that combines the flexibility of a business angel and the firepower and long term commitment of a VC. Being entrepreneurs is in our DNA and we put our experience creating, expanding and selling companies at the disposal of our founders to help them take their projects to the next level.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Venture Investor who loves and is excited about startups, markets and technologies, who thinks and acts like an entrepreneur and is willing to take on above-average responsibilities. We provide a significant degree of freedom and expect you to be proactive, responsible and to have initiative, a “can-do” attitude and strong worth ethic and commitment.
In particular, you could be a good match if:
- you have a minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in Venture Capital or a combination of Strategy Consulting / Private Equity / Investment banking and a management role in a tech startup;
- you have had significant exposure to the international business scene;
- you are proficient in English (additional languages are a plus);
- you have strong analytical and number crunching skills;
- you have an ability to build relationships quickly and effectively and to maintain a professional network in the startup and tech ecosystem; and
- you are a team player with the ability to also work independently and with limited supervision. You have exceptional organizational skills and excel at attention to detail, multitasking and working against tight deadlines.
As a Venture Investor you will:
- Play an active role in the investment process managing the whole investment cycle end to end: identifying trends, sourcing, evaluating, presenting recommendations to the investment committee and closing deals;
- Proactively look for and build relationships with promising entrepreneurs, startups and other VC and BA investors;
- Participate in the ongoing management of our portfolio companies;
- Expand your network by representing AIV at conferences and contributing to our marketing activities;
- Proactively obtain information from different sources to enrich internal decision making;
- Assist with special projects on an as-needed basis; and
- Constantly look for improvements in the way we do our job so that we do not miss the next big company;
What we offer:
- A full-time position headquatered in Bilbao, Spain that could be combined with remote work from other european cities.
- A competitive salary, plus discretionary bonus and additional benefits.
- The opportunity to make a significant impact at a growing tech investor in the initial stages of its development.
- Work in an international and inspiring community with the best European entrepreneurs and investors.
- Ongoing training to develop your technical, leadership and interpersonal skills.
If you are interested and want to join us, do not hesitate to apply, we want to meet you!
We will contact you but you can also find us at firstname.lastname@example.org.