The Investment Principal will be a seasoned investment professional who supports the Investment Partner on sourcing, leading, negotiating, and managing the firm’s Growth Equity investments. They help manage the deal process leading more junior team members in sourcing and diligence. The Investment Principal is also one of the main points of contact for portfolio companies, managing for existing deals and support existing investments through developing strategies to accelerate the growth of the businesses.
- Leads deal team all stages of investment including deal origination, market analysis, modeling, due diligence, structuring, legal documentation, negotiation, and investment committee presentations
- Monitor financial and operational conditions and industry dynamics of assigned portfolio companies to analyze portfolio and assist with quarterly reviews with senior venture team
- Supporting existing portfolio company investments through ongoing analysis and review, as well as providing operational advisory or connections to accelerate the growth of businesses
- Proactively work with the management and board of portfolio companies (in a board observer capacity) to execute growth and operational improvement strategies
- Supports development of investment theses and generates investment opportunities or acquisition ideas.
- Develop an “informed perspective” of assigned sectors, including managing and building brand and relationships with: external companies in the marketplace, industry leaders and members of the internal ABI ecosystem.
- 6-12 years of experience in investment banking, venture capital, private equity, strategy consulting, relevant corporate development role, or some combination of the above.
- Ability to self-direct, analyze, evaluate, and form independent investment judgments
- Highly developed analytical skills with ability to define issues, collect and analyze pertinent data, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions, draw valid conclusions, propose sound recommendations, and implement approved solutions in support of specified goals; “big picture” view with attention to detail is critical
- Strong written and verbal communication capabilities
- Strong financial modelling capabilities / Professional Excel and PowerPoint experience
- Strong business acumen including operating experience or a deep network in ABI
- Direct or indirect exposure to the target industry is an asset but not required
If interested, please apply here.