Xerox (NYSE: XRX) makes every day work better. We are a workplace technology company, building and integrating software and hardware for enterprises large and small. As customers seek to manage information across digital and physical platforms, Xerox delivers a seamless, secure and sustainable experience. Whether inventing the copier, the ethernet, the laser printer or more, Xerox has long defined the modern work experience. Learn more at http://www.xerox.com and explore our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Principal, Xerox Ventures
Xerox Ventures, a $250M corporate venture capital fund, is seeking an experienced Principal to play a leading role on our growing investment team. The Principal is a critical role for the fund and will have a unique opportunity to help influence and drive the vision and strategy of the fund, which was formed in early 2021.
The Xerox Ventures team will source, negotiate, and execute investments in early/mid/late-stage external start-ups, as well as follow-on rounds, consistent with the fund’s investment strategy. The fund will focus on sectors aligned with Xerox’s innovation ‘towers’ (e.g. 3D printing, CleanTech, IoT, Healthcare) and targeted adjacencies (e.g. Software, IT Services and FinTech). In addition, the Xerox Ventures team will work alongside Xerox’s famed Palo Alto Research Center (PARC), Xerox Research Centre of Canada (XRCC), and other internal research labs to identify product development opportunities and commercialization strategies.
This role reports directly into the Managing Director of M&A and Ventures.
- Work in close collaboration with the Managing Director of M&A and Ventures to influence and effectuate the investment strategies of the fund
- Lead and develop all stages of the investment process: deal sourcing and pipeline development, market analysis, due diligence, deal structuring, closing, and execution
- Lead discovery and analysis of emerging themes to guide thesis development and articulation
- Author investment memos and champion investment opportunities in presentations to executive leadership and investment committee
- Deeply understand Xerox’s business as well as industry, competitive landscape and trends and the resulting opportunities for the investment program
- Build and nurture network to identify new opportunities as well as trusted, top-tier co-investors, including VCs and other CVCs
- Regularly work with and provide updates to executives and key stakeholders across various business units and geographies on new opportunities and overall health of the portfolio, including working with Xerox business units to drive commercial partnerships with portfolio companies
- Manage portfolio of investments, including working closely with portfolio companies to help grow their businesses, and serving in board director or board observer seats as required
- Work in close collaboration with PARC Innovations to identify commercialization opportunities for PARC technology
- Regularly extend Xerox Ventures’ reach in relevant venture capital and technology communities through event attendance/hosting, appearance on podcasts and other media, and self-authored thought leadership
- Minimum 7+ years overall experience in investment banking, private equity investing, venture capital, corporate development, and/or similar innovation-focused roles
- Strong network within the venture community
- Proven and quantifiable track record of success on prior venture and/or innovation deals, from ideation and sourcing to execution
- Background in technology trends applicable to Xerox core businesses and innovation ‘towers’
- Demonstrated quantitative ability, knowledge of statistics, financial modeling, and superior analytical skills coupled with a strong track record of high achievement and growth in responsibility
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at a senior level, in both verbal and written forms, with strong interpersonal skills to develop and maintain both internal and external relationships
- Strong time and work management abilities, with ability to prioritize initiatives appropriately and execute them to completion independently
- Degree from a top-tiered institution and/or MBA or other certification preferred
IF interested, please apply here.