Verizon is a leading provider of technology, communications, information and entertainment products, transforming the way we connect across the globe. We’re a diverse network of people driven by our ambition and united in our shared purpose to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward – and you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.
What you’ll be doing…
Verizon Ventures seeks an individual reporting to the Managing Director, GM Europe and Israel, at Verizon VenturesInvestment Theses Development:
- Research emerging technology trends and develop investment theses
- Subscribe to relevant research and attend relevant industry centric events and maintain research repository for the European and Israeli team.
Sourcing and Pipeline management:
- Proactively network and attend industry events and scouting meetings
- Build network and trust with top tier co-investors
- Source, pre- screen and review new technology startups in investment theses areas; qualify deal opportunities.
- Manage the due-diligence process in areas such as Technology review, financial analysis and modeling, competitive landscape, market size, business/pricing model, legal review and more.
- Prepare forecasts and valuation models with appropriate operational and financial benchmarking analysis.
- Assist in preparations of all necessary documents for the Investment Committee.
- Assist Investment team in board-level management of portfolio companies.
- Track and report key metrics associated with all aspects of the investment pipeline, portfolio partnership efforts, and innovation exploration.
- Continuously drive venture development activities between portfolio companies and internal stakeholders within Verizon and partners of Verizon to ensure value creation as a strategic investor.
- Oversee external research and internal portfolio and pipeline analysis tools for the Ventures team, comparing alternatives available and negotiating contracts.
Internal deal CTO
- Conduct in-depth technology due diligence on all potential deals.
- Work with all global internal tech teams to help source innovation from Europe and Israel for Verizon
What we’re looking for…
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experiece.
- Work experience within one or more of thefollowing areas:
- Tech investments experinece ata Venture Capital firm or aCorporate Venture Capital team.
- Global Management Consulting within a global Investment Bank or Consultancy film.
Even better if you have:
- Experience working for a Multinationalcompany
- MBA degree and/or engineeringexperienecewithin a technologycompany
- Demonstrated excellent presentation and communication skills in English and the proven ability to communicate ideas effectively, at all levels of management, throughout the organization.
- Interest in new emerging technologies
- Passion for venture investing
- Demonstrated strong collaboration skills and proven ability to motivate peers and supervisors to action.
- Attention to detail and a collaborative approach to sharing insights.
- CFA is a plus
If interested, please apply here.