The Principal will be a seasoned investment professional who has significant work experience in the early stage venture capital space. He/she will assist the Managing Partner in representing +VC in Saudi Arabia, deal sourcing, leading, negotiating, and managing administrative duties of the firm’s investments. Furthermore, they will lead all operations in Saudi Arabia and will also work closely with the firm’s partners and portfolio companies in supporting +VC’s various activities.
- With a deep passion for startups, entrepreneurship, and investing
- Who can develop and maintain excellent external relationships with key stakeholders
- Who can drive revenue and manage a P&L
- With strong critical thinking skills and creativity
Essential Skills and Knowledge:
- Generate leads for new investment opportunities and achieve ambitious targets
- Highly developed analytical skills with ability to define issues, collect and analyze pertinent data, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions, draw valid conclusions, propose sound recommendations, and implement approved solutions in support of specified goals
- Build and maintain relations with startup founders and management teams
- Build and maintain relations with key ecosystem players such as Venture Capital firms, Angel Groups, Family offices etc.
- Perform preliminary due diligence on select investment opportunities – monitor, understand investment capital structure, shareholder rights etc
- Proactively work with the portfolio companies to execute growth and operational improvement strategies
- Continually find ways to improve our processes across the board
- Assist with preparation of quarterly reviews based on financial and operational conditions of portfolio companies along with the senior venture team
Education and Experience:
- BA/BS degree from a top-tier institution – an MBA will be an added advantage
- Significant/at least 5 years’ experience as Senior Associate, or Principal level in sourcing investment opportunities at a top-tier Venture Capital fund, Growth Equity fund, Private Equity fund, or Investment Bank
- Proven track record of sourcing, evaluating and closing deals
- Excellent English and Arabic written and verbal communication skills
- Full-time salaried position
- Unlimited PTO plus public holidays
- Casual work environment with flexible working hours
- Opportunity to work with phenomenal people around the MENA region and worldwide
- Attend all networking events +VC offers
This position is based out of Riyadh, Saudi Arabia with some regional and international travel.
+VC is a venture capital firm focused on investing in tech and tech-enabled startups across the MENA region and its diaspora, taking an early leadership role with founders to set them up for success. We invest our first check at the seed stage and can follow-on the best performing portfolio companies all the way through to Series A.
If interested, please apply here.