Do you have what it takes to become the next great early-stage technology investor? Do you have a robust understanding of the zero-to-one early-stage tech entrepreneurship process? Are you a deeply curious and analytical thinker but also capable of forging meaningful relationships with a variety of entrepreneurs, investors, service providers, and ecosystem partners? If yes, then we would love to talk to you.
Techstars is seeking candidates for the Seattle-based role of Investment Principal to work with the Managing Director and operational team of our Seattle Accelerator, a second blockchain accelerator, and potential future accelerators located in the Pacific Northwest. Success in this job may lead to a Managing Director role.
What You Will Do:
Partner closely with the Managing Director, as well as, the local and global Techstars teams to:
- Identify target investment sectors and development investment theses – Source, recruit, evaluate, and close investments in target companies via direct outreach, diverse sourcing efforts, marketing events, referrals, and in-bound accelerator applications
- Form and foster effective relationships with founders, investors, mentors, service providers, and other ecosystem partners to build a support network around our founders and to develop sourcing and due diligence relationships
- Deliver content and workshops during our 13-week accelerator programs – Mentor our founders and provide them with the network, tools, and education they need to succeed
- Help our founders secure additional investment during and post-program – Provide ongoing portfolio management and assistance for our companies – Do whatever else it takes to identify, close, and help world-class founders to find success and to make sure our accelerator experiences are extraordinary
What you bring to the role:
- A minimum of 7-10 years of prior experience in the technology industry; product development, engineering, or go-to-market experience are all pluses
- Your integrity and honesty are unimpeachable
- You harbor a fierce drive to succeed matched with humility and a team-oriented attitude – Your verbal and written communication skills are razor sharp
- Initiative and comfort working through ambiguous /unstructured environments come naturally to you
- You have unlimited capacity for and enjoyment of networking with people from all walks of life
- Your brain buzzes with curiosity and a never ending desire to learn and improve yourself and our organization and processes
- You’re analytically oriented – you make decisions based on data
- You can sell – you combine credibility and chemistry to convince people to join you on your journey
- You have a deep understanding of, empathy for, and experience with, the zero-to-one entrepreneurial process – you quite likely have 1) been a co-founder or early employee at a startup company and have ideally been involved with a successful fundraise or two, or 2) have prior early-stage tech investing experience
- Experience with blockchain/crypto is a plus
Compensation range: $120,000 – $160,000 + Bonus
If interested, please apply here.