The Stand Together Venture Lab is a unique group focused on accelerating Stand Together’s impact through bold innovations that deliver 100x and beyond transformation. We bring together rising leaders in business, technology, and culture to source, incubate and scale 100x solutions that enable people to unleash their full potential.
We are looking at early stage ventures (pre-seed to Series A/B) that can disruptively change society. We are not interested in incremental ideas. We seek bold solutions that will transform lives of millions and society at-large across key issues such as Poverty, Criminal Justice Reform, Foundational / Post-Secondary Education, Immigration and more.
Our goal is to bring our unique set of capabilities to actively support our ventures. Our Market-Based Management® philosophy creates an environment that prioritizes integrity and compliance, fosters professional growth, and rewards our employees for the value they create.
To accomplish this vision, we are seeking a rigorous and experienced leader to run our deal sourcing and origination capability, as well as, helping to build out and lead our due diligence function within our incubator and venture studio. The Principal will build the necessary capabilities to support a robust and diverse pipeline of ideas and talent that can be evaluated for effectiveness and work to support those investments to be scale their impact.
To be successful you will marry your financial investment skills, strategy, and passion to help all people. The ideal candidate will passionately believe that a society of mutual benefit and cooperation will help individuals flourish.
Your Responsibilities Include
- Work closely with leadership teams across Stand Together’s philanthropic community to define our investment strategy for each social issue
- Drive investment strategies and execute due diligence of prospective target investments
- Actively source potential investments through outreach and partnership building with entrepreneurs and impact investment communities
- Establish broad networks from diverse sources to continually surface exceptional social entrepreneurs and their bottom up solutions to transform intractable problems, especially those who have been overlooked by more traditional sources
- Perform initial evaluation and synthesize investment opportunity for decision
- Help drive the deal negotiation process, including rigorous due diligence, preparing the term sheet, and coordinating the logistics required for an efficient transaction process
- Support and monitor portfolio investments, including facilitate interactions between investees and the Stand Together community
- Actively engage portfolio investments with STV team, Stand Together community and subject matter experts, as needed to generate post-transaction value
- Ensure high-quality interactions and provide clear and consistent communications with internal and external stakeholders
Knowledge And Skills You Bring To The Organization
- Understanding and passion for partnering with entrepreneurs to tackle some of the nation’s biggest challenges, giving every person an opportunity to realize their full potential
- Strong business acumen and investment experience to influence build and maintain relationships with investors, foundations, and financial institutions
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically to solve complex social challenges
- Ability to synthesizing research, identify trends and develop strong investment thesis
- 7+ years of related experience, such as a corporate or private venture capital, investment banking, strategy consulting or transformative business leadership
- Skills desired include operational leadership, due diligence, financial modeling, deal negotiation, and portfolio management
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written
- Skill in building relationships and representing Stand Together with external audiences
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
Standout Candidates May Also Bring
- MBA with social entrepreneurship / finance concentration
- Experience in social impact investing
- Supervisory experience
If interested, please apply here.