Samsung NEXT champions builders and founders inventing a more purposeful future. We attract, develop, and celebrate diverse talent with world-class capacity to transform ideas into realities at scale. Our team exclusively works with software and services startups that have the potential to complement Samsung’s market-leading consumer hardware. Our innovation model blends the best of both worlds: the agility of a startup with the scale of one of the world’s leading consumer electronics companies.
Founded in 2012, Samsung NEXT has four key functions in the global software ecosystem:
- Ventures – Investing in early-stage startups to help entrepreneurs build and scale their businesses.
- Partnerships – Helping startups successfully partner with a variety of Samsung business units.
- M&A – Acquiring startups to connect and scale with our businesses.
- Product – Building new software and services businesses at scale.
Our Ventures team is growing, and we are looking for a high potential investor in the West Coast market who is ready to expand their network and engage the Samsung brand.
Duties And Responsibilities
- End-to-end investment management as deal lead or part of deal team including sourcing and screening potential opportunities
- Conduct due diligence and investment analysis for financial and strategic gains and present opportunities to Investment Committee
- Portfolio management and acting as primary or secondary contact to portfolio companies to guide and accelerate performance and serving as board member when appropriate
- Establish close relationships with internal business teams to understand strategic needs, communicate insights and identify collaborations/partnerships
- Establish external relationships and engage with the tech, media, and entrepreneurship community to expand technology network and evangelize the Next organization and mission
- Lead or contribute to investment theses, establishing domain expertise and credibility
- 4+ years of successful experience in seed/early stage venture capital, startup leadership, corporate investment or similar roles
- Undergraduate degree; MBA or advanced technical degree preferred
- Strong professional network in startup community
- Team focused community contributor with outstanding analytical, communication, and technical skills
- Available to travel internationally (~2x per year)
- Experience in our focus areas (Deep Tech/AI/VR, Edge Computing, 5G) a strong plus. Verifiable thought leadership in technology and startup investment
- Experience navigating in a large corporate organization
If interested, please apply here.