Want to join one of Australia’s leading technology and online consumer goods investors.
Online Brands Group is growing, and we are looking to hire a new principal and leader to be responsible for our portfolio finance and to work out of Sydney to assist the team in all facets of early-stage investment.
Online Brands Group is a leading Australian venture capital firm with established investments in world leading consumer technology businesses. The Group’s success is driven by our extensive knowledge in product development, ecommerce, technology applications and direct to consumer strategies which has seen consistent 100%+ YoY growth through our portfolio over the past 5 years.
We are an investment partner with founders, foundations and processes built from hands on experience, hard work, resilience and a determination to transform ideas into incredibly rewarding businesses.
We are looking to hire an accomplished finance expert and leader to operate at the principal level and manage our venture portfolio finance strategy, the role will be a key part of our strategic management team. You will work closely with company founders and senior leadership of Online Brands Group’s portfolio companies. Responsibilities will include financial planning, maintenance of our planning tools and forecasts, and strategic analysis. You will help update and build company corporate models, optimise capital resources, and develop strategies to shape our portfolio businesses. As a member of the strategic management team, you will help build the foundations of a world-class venture capital organisation and be a thought leader to our business partners.
The ideal candidate is scrappy, enjoys understanding metrics that drive businesses, thrives in uncertainty and is capable of managing multiple, disparate projects at once. You will also have the drive, energy, motivation and ability to support our business partners on their journey to the next level while building on an entrepreneurial, autonomous and empowering working culture.
What You Own And Support
- Financial modelling and reporting to support portfolio companies longer term planning and decision making processes
- Managing the “accelerator and brake”, balancing revenue generation, operating cash flow and investment strategies
- Identifying and investigating issues and anomalies in financial data
- Working closely with our Operating Partners and portfolio MD’s and senior management to support decision making across the businesses
- Identifying and understanding business challenges; proposing and creating solutions
- Diving deeply into financial data and business intelligence platforms becoming a subject matter expert to provide additional insights
- Relationships and strategy: become a trusted confidant to founders and management teams that we work with. Be a key sounding board and input to their most important strategic decisions.
- Working on corporate projects and initiatives that elevate the portfolio companies
- Creating presentations that provide insightful analysis, identify required action items, and effectively frame decisions to be made
- Ensuring material variances to forecast, budget, and prior-year expenses, are understood, proactively investigated and opportunities for rectification are identified
- Partnering with the business leaders to collaborate on dashboards, goals, and business reviews
- Developing and maintain effective relationships with business partners and cross-functional teams at all levels of portfolio companies.
What You Need To Succeed
- Expert level experience in financial modelling and deep Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills. SQL skills would be advantageous.
- Bachelor’s degree and at least seven years + of experience in a commercial finance or accounting role, ideally in a high growth company
- Experience developing financial reports and dashboards
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to interact with various management levels, including global executives
- A clear thinker with demonstrated ability to highlight issues clearly and succinctly
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to a changing, fast-paced environment – sometimes with little structure
- Superior attention to detail and ability to successfully manage multiple competing priorities while maintaining a view of the big picture
- An accounting qualification and commitment to further honing your craft
- Demonstrated ability to drive projects across an organization
- An inquiring mind that can identify issues / anomalies and follow them through to a logical conclusion.
The opportunity to get your hands on a rapidly growing finance function, and build with conviction for quality and scale. If you enjoy the blend of hands on, high quality execution and liaising strategically with senior leadership and business founders, this will be the role for you.
What’s On Offer
- Attractive Salary Package for the right applicant + Equity Incentive Structures
- Flexible work from home arrangements
- Company sponsored personal development courses
- As part of the broader Online Brands Group of companies you will have opportunities to grow and share your knowledge base with other Directors in the global portfolio
If interested, please apply here.