Human Capital is a venture firm for builders. We believe ambitious builders turn great ideas into great companies. We invest in founders, teams, and startups that share this mindset.
In the last 5 years, that mantra has led us to invest in 12 companies before they became unicorns, including Snowflake, Anduril, Livongo, and Brex (where we wrote the first check). We have over $1.4B AUM and we’ve built a community of over 5,000 incredible, driven, ambitious builders.
Now we’re looking for talent consultants to help build our next chapter.
We have a unique vantage point at Human Capital – working with founders, investors, and engineers alike. You’ll work with our portfolio companies on everything from designing their talent roadmaps, to acting as a talent therapist–diagnosing why candidates drop off at a certain stages in the process; and even wading into the dark depths of modeling capacity planning.
This role is for those who rebuke monotony and crave the unknown, in order to build relationships and companies from the ground up.
- Embed yourself with each engagement, becoming an expert in the company
- Design and implement strategy and processes that respond to each companies’ unique talent needs
- Partner with our Talent Advisors, who coach founders on their talent philosophy and systems
We expect you to have done *some* of these things, but it’s not required that you’ve done all of them.
- 5+ years of experience working on talent teams
- Extensive experience in the tech and/or Silicon Valley ecosystem
- Experience partnering closely with founders and heads of talent to build recruiting functions from 0 to 1, and from 1-10
- You’ve built systems and processes that last
- You’ve worked in a startup environments, and led teams through rapid growth
- You love getting in the weeds: Scheduling interviews, hiring coordinators, building templates; no job is too small because you know it’s all important.
- You think long term: You like to move fast and GSD, but you also put care and attention into building things that you know will last.
- You’re a mentor at heart: You enjoy coaching and guiding leaders through tough decisions, and are excited to not only advise but truly coach founders and heads of talent at our portfolio companies.
- You love tech: You’re genuinely passionate and interested in what our portfolio companies are building, and have the technical exposure to really understand what makes a tech startup unique and impressive.
If interested, please apply here.