Hewlett Packard Pathfinder is a venture investment and partnership program that brings transformative external innovations into our customers’ organizations. Through our global breadth and reach, we elevate emerging technology to scale and change the way companies go to market.
HPE Ventures is seeking an Investment Principal to support MD on investment efforts, and sourcing/leading his/her own investments. The Principal will be expected to source a growing number of investment opportunities and formulating proactive investment theses on areas of interest including but not limited to Cloud infrastructure, AI, Data Pipeline, Storage, Edge Applications and Infrastructure cyber security and enterprise solutions.
- Quarterbacking all stages of an investment including diligence, market analysis, and development of investment themes, and deal negotiation
- Proactively source potential deals for the firm
- Proactively work with the management and board of portfolio companies (in a board observer capacity) to execute growth and operational improvement strategies
- Develop an “informed perspective”, including managing and building brand and relationships with: VC firms, startup accelerators, founders, and other members of the venture ecosystem
- Enhance the professional development of Associates on the team
- 5-7+ years of experience in a field related to our areas of investment, consulting/banking or experience in VC
- 3-4 years of direct investing experience at a venture firm or corporate venture group
- Strong understanding of technical sectors
- MBA or other advanced degree from a top-tier graduate program
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a dynamic, fast paced environment with multiple teams and functions and across multiple projects
- Ability to coach more junior team members on the end to end deal process
What we can offer you:
Extensive benefits, a competitive salary and participation in the shared values and purpose that make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers! At HPE, our goal is to provide equal opportunities, flexible work-life balance, and constantly evolving career growth.
If you are looking for challenges in an exciting, supportive and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Continue the conversation by clicking apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers.
Join us and make your mark!
Find out more about us and follow us on:
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
If interested, please apply here.