Human Capital is a venture firm for engineers. We believe great companies are built by great engineers, and we invest in people and companies that share the same belief.
In the last 5 years, that mantra has led us to invest in 10 companies before they became unicorns, including Snowflake, Anduril, Livongo, and Brex (where we wrote the first check). We have over $1.2B AUM and we’ve built a network of over 5,000 incredible, driven, ambitious engineers.
Now we’re looking to hire an growth-stage investment principal to help write our next chapter.
NB. If you haven’t checked out our investment team page yet, go there first: https://human.capital/investment-team
Be one of the first non-founding members of Human Capital’s core investment team, working directly with our co-founder and CEO, Armaan Ali, across our early-stage investments.
You’ll have insight to our full investment portfolio and exercise high amounts of responsibility and autonomy as you help us build rigor, research, and informed curiosity into everything we do.
- Partner with our co-founder & CEO on end-to-end due diligence and deal execution for growth-stage investments.
- Help develop, articulate, and document investment theses on portfolio companies.
- Identify investment and business opportunity areas by developing theses for incubation projects and driving market research for EIRs.
- Be a partner to growth-stage portfolio founders by building financial models and crafting fundraising materials.
- You’re intellectually rigorous and inquisitive. You seek rigor for truth and get energy from deconstructing business to a few core principles & assumptions.
- You’ve worked in a mix of finance worlds—investment banking, private equity, venture capital, growth equity—and now want to be more of a key player in a more agile organization.
- You thrive in high throughput, sprint-style work, given the current ecosystem and deal flow.
- You get joy from investing and helping founders build their businesses. You might have developed this appetite from a past life in operating or consulting.
- You believe entrepreneurship has the power to make a difference and the potential to solve meaningful problems. You’re excited to come up with the ideas and theses to incubate some of these businesses.
If interested, please apply here.