Global Ventures is a Dubai-based, international VC firm backing global-minded founders who are building growth-stage companies and using technology to transform emerging markets and the world. Our vision is to become a world-class investment platform deploying capital across the Middle East and Africa region.
Our portfolio ranges in geography and industry, with investments in Enterprise Software, Digital Health, and FinTech, across Egypt, Sub-Saharan Africa, and Saudi Arabia, to name a few.
We pride ourselves on the diversity of our team – diversity in nationality, age, gender, expertise, and thought. It is what brings perspective and nuance to everything we do.
Global Ventures was founded in 2018 by a team of three. Today, we are a family of over 20 members, spread across Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates – and growing.
We are looking for someone curious, driven, and collaborative to join our team as a PRINCIPAL.
As a VC, a robust and solid communications strategy allows us to reinforce our position as thought leaders and experts across specific focus areas, geographies, and sectors. As our firms grow, building, strengthening, and managing our public identity becomes increasingly important. We are looking for someone who is up for this task.
The purpose of the role is to grow and manage Global Venture’s presence and investment activities in Saudi Arabia by sourcing new investments, conduct diligence, propose new investments, manage on-going relationships with portfolio members, and provide outstanding counsel to senior leaders in the Global Venture’s portfolio of companies.
Your Responsibilities Will Be
- Identifying and assessing potential investment opportunities from the network of contacts in KSA (business colleagues, venture incubators and accelerators, etc.)
- Working closely with managing partners to conduct due diligence on target companies to assess the strength of investment proposals (this includes screening potential business plans and helping to value the company)
- Building relationships with entrepreneurs and venture capitalists at other funds participating in the deal process.
- Serving on industry panels, engaging in public speaking, and authoring/publishing industry white papers for the investment and business communities.
- Create a synergistic relationship between Global Ventures and the local venture ecosystem in KSA.
- Providing support to portfolio companies by conducting research, advising senior management, assisting with financing and acquisition activities, and attending board meetings.
- Supporting and mentoring junior staff at the firm
What You Will Bring To The Team
- Saudi National is a must
- Minimum 5 years substantive work experience, preferably from a major Consulting firm, Investment Bank or Venture Capital firm
- MBA graduate is strongly preferred
- Strong interest in understanding diverse perspectives, experimenting with innovative approaches, learning from mistakes and comfort with ambiguity.
- An ability to establish trust and credibility, forge and maintain close relationships, and exhibit humility and respect in your internal and external relationships.
- Desire to be part of a high energy, highly focused, results oriented team environment
- An ability to multi-task, problem solve, research, assimilate, communicate, and negotiate complex issues
- Excellent communications skills and attention to detail.
If interested, please apply here.