- Working closely with Managing Partner and Fund advisors in providing everything from deal sourcing to assistance with due diligence and portfolio company management. The major duties include:
- identifying and assessing potential investment opportunities from their network of contacts (business colleagues, venture incubators and accelerators, etc.) and new sources
- preparing industry and competitive research on financing targets and presenting this information to the firm’s investment committee
- working closely with managing partners to conduct due diligence (market, management, product, legal, accounting, etc.) on target companies to assess the strength of investment proposals (this includes screening potential business plans and helping to value the company using market comparable and discounted cash flow benchmarking exercises)
- constructing financial models to assess a target company’s operation, financing, valuation, etc.
- building relationships with entrepreneurs and venture capitalists at other funds
- participating in the deal process (e.g., drafting term sheets and letters of intent, negotiation, audit, tax, legal, closing)
- providing support to portfolio companies by conducting research, advising senior management, assisting with financing and acquisition activities, and attending board meetings
- analyzing credit issues and equity opportunities at portfolio companies
- serving on the boards of portfolio companies (or functioning as a board observer)
- identifying and negotiating with potential buyers of the fund’s portfolio businesses
- assisting partners during the exit process (i.e., initial public offering or merger)
Ideal candidate should have minimum of 5 years of work experience, with strong quantitative skills and research capabilities. The candidate must have advanced degree in Biology/Molecular Biology/Bio-Chemistry, Ph.D preferred. Minimum 2 years of investment related experiences at other financial institutions especially venture firms is required. Strong analytical skills, as well as domain experience in Synthetic Biology.
Preferably Houston based, for exceptional candidate willing to consider remote working arrangement
$100K+ negotiable, with bonus scheme upon Fund close and profit sharing in fund.
If you are interested in applying, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.