The Principal will be a member of the Creator Fund team based in New York, NY. The Creator Fund is an early stage (seed, Series A, and Series B) venture fund that both leverages and enhances The We Company’s unique market position within the “future of work.” The team invests in and partners with startups to accelerate The We Company’s strategic priorities in real estate technology, workplace experience, and human capital management. As part of the Corporate Development team, the Creator Fund works with senior management across the company to execute equity investments globally.
Job Responsibilities: This role will be part of the fund’s leadership, managing the Associate team and reporting to the Head of M&A and Investments. This role will be responsible for identifying, evaluating, and executing new investments while also establishing investment process best practices.
- Developing investment theses with Associates in their respective coverage areas and conducting market and industry analyses
- Setting investment evaluation criteria and pipeline management best practices
- Implementing investment process framework and iteratively improving
- Ongoing monitoring and management of financial performance and strategic relationships with portfolio companies
- Building relationships with external stakeholders (e.g., investors, founders, accelerators) and managing the fund’s messaging and reputation
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders at The We Company
- Preparing and communicating results and recommendations to broader Corporate Development team (i.e., M&A and Partnerships)
- 6-8 years previous experience must include both 4+ years financial/investment experience (e.g., venture capital, private equity) and 2+ years management/operational experience (e.g., operational startup experience, business development)
- Self-starter with interest in The We Company strategy, corporate innovation, startups, technology, and future of work
- Critical thinker with the ability to identify strategic needs and proactively seek investment/partnership opportunities to address them
- Team player with proven ability to collaborate, manage, and influence
If interested, please apply here.