Companisto is the largest private investor network in the DA-CH region and Germany’s most active private venture capitalist for the fifth year in a row. We offer investors access to equity investments in innovative startups, which can be concluded digitally. To date, EUR 78,291,787 has been invested in over 147 companies through Companisto. Companisto consists of a digital business angel network (investments from € 10,000) and an investment club (investments from € 500 to € 25,000).
Innovating venture capital – that is our guiding principle. Since our inception, we have been pioneers and technological leaders in the advancement of startup investments. We use technology and digitization to make investing in startups easier. At the same time, we attach great importance to the human factor and network intensively with our founders and investors. We have recently introduced a new type of digital communication platform through which our portfolio startups can get active support from our strong investor network on their way to exit.
To support our team in Berlin, we are now looking for a principal in the investment team (d / f / m).
Are you interested in becoming part of the new venture capital scene and growing with us?
As a principal, you strengthen the management of the investment team and are particularly responsible for the selection process and negotiations with startups. You examine innovative companies and negotiate the investment terms independently until the participation agreements are concluded. In addition to making new startup investments, you will provide intensive support for portfolio companies and make a significant contribution to the further development of investment controlling. As a fellow campaigner and part of the management team, you have the opportunity to become entrepreneurial and implement your own ideas in a very entrepreneurial environment.
At Companisto you have the opportunity to take the investment business to a new level together with a large number of entrepreneurial investors. In a motivated team with a central office in Berlin-Kreuzberg, as a leader, you will also have the opportunity to creatively, independently and actively participate in Companisto’s corporate development. If necessary, we also offer to work in a decentralized manner and to organize ourselves spatially through meetings with the companies, our investors, events and regular central team meetings.
Your tasks are:
- Independent sourcing of promising startups and companies as investment targets
- Implementation of company valuations and due diligence processes
- Contract negotiation and closing of participation agreements
- Establishing and maintaining trusting relationships with founders and investors
- In some cases, active support of the investments up to the successful exit
- In the future, you will take on the development and management of your own team of investment managers
Convince us with:
- Many years of professional experience at an investment company in the field of startup investments – new business and portfolio management
- Verifiable influence on the investment company’s track record
- Strong negotiation experience and skills
- High affinity with numbers and very good analytical skills
- Distinct entrepreneurial spirit
- Confident appearance and high level of self-motivation
- Very good German and English skills
- Very good IT skills
We offer you:
- Working for a pioneer in the venture capital scene
- Further education and training opportunities
- Room for initiative and taking on responsibility
- Highly motivated, international team
- Cross-departmental learning through interdisciplinary project work
If you want to live out your pioneering spirit, we look forward to receiving your application including cover letter, résumé and certificates, which you can send us by e-mail to email@example.com. Please also let us know how you heard about us.