Join us to back mission-driven founders working on transformative technology ventures.
As Venture Associate or Principal (m/f/x), you will be our internal thought leader on future technologies, i.e. artificial intelligence. You will assess their impact on the sectors of health, new work, mobility, finance, community, and help us identify the most impactful ventures and business ideas in this space. You will assess the technological capabilities of our existing ventures as well as future investments and advise our early-stage founder teams on various technology issues. In this role, you will be an essential part of our investment team and we are looking for a passionate technology futurist, who wants to enter the venture capital space. In this role, you will experience the entire venture lifecycle from deal sourcing, assessment, and closing, as well as building up new deep tech ventures from scratch in our Founders Studio.
Check out some of our existing tech ventures such as Stenon, Mimi, reasonal, peat, wandelbots, or Lungpass.
- Build tech companies that matter. We back founders who use technology to shape the future of health, robotics, mobility – and more.
- Get things done. We focus on results and turning visions into reality efficiently – not on how long you stay in the office.
- Work with entrepreneurs at eye-level. You will be our expert for everything tech-related and build strong relationships with founders, experts, and strategic partners in the disruptive technology space.
- Have a major impact. Your everyday work will define how some of the hottest and most impactful technology ventures in Europe will develop their products and grow.
- Grow with us. From becoming a Tech VC leader to eventually founding your own tech venture with us – we want you to become a core team member and are ready to invest in your career progress.
YOUR TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- We place the founders at the core of our attention. At all times. They are the most important piece of a gigantic puzzle and we understand it as a privilege to accompany them on their way. You will be the tech sparrings partner right by their side.
- Define and execute our strategy on how to identify the best new technology ventures in various markets and industries.
- Evaluate business ideas and build the foundation of our ventures by conducting market research, deep-diving into new industry sectors, due diligence of proposed pitch decks, tech models, validating hypotheses by interviewing experts and potential users/customers, etc.
- Advise our founders in all fields of their businesses, incl. tech, business planning, GTM strategy, team setup, external fundraising, etc.
- Attend pitch events for our portfolio, meet entrepreneurs, industry partners, and build relationships with the ecosystem to best help accelerate the growth of our portfolio ventures.
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- Different business ideas demand different backgrounds and characteristics. We are looking for applicants with diverse backgrounds and welcome candidates who are new to the VC world but eager to learn. What matters to us most is your deep expertise and passion for future technologies.
- Above all, we are looking for brave and mission-driven people ready to face a lot of obstacles on their way to ultimate success. Giving up is not an option.
- You will need to be a curious leader, with strong analytical and great communication skills.
- No matter the field, you have proven yourself in the past and can clearly show why you will be successful in the future.
- Outstanding university degree, Master’s degree desired. Preferably in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Biomedical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or similar.
- Min. 2 years of work experience in a technology company, a high-growth tech start-up, tech consulting, or venture capital
- First practical experience in the areas of Automation, Robotics, A. I., or other future technologies.
- Outstanding analytical skills, ability to research quantitative and qualitative topics, develop business hypotheses, and test them in the market.
- A problem-solving mindset with excellent analytical abilities to tackle various conceptual and strategic topics in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate with diverse target groups, incl. candidates, investors, corporate partners, etc.
- Fluency in German and English.
If interested, please apply here.