Active Partners is a leading consumer-focused investment firm that backs outstanding brands with global aspiration and standing.
We thrive on finding brands that people shout about and only invest in businesses led by visionary founders. We only invest in brands with exceptional levels of customer engagement.
We give founders our full support and gain their trust, which allows us to challenge them and their teams to help shape growth strategies, leveraging our meaningful track record of experience and deep network in the consumer sector.
We’ve been immersed across the consumer landscape for over 15 years and have an extensive playbook of growing successful consumer brands.
We’re currently investing our third fund, Active Partners III / £100m
We’ve been on some wonderful journeys with brands such as Rapha, Secret Cinema, LEON and Soho House.
Our brands have had very clear missions and leaders with inspirational values. The great brands of tomorrow will be ever more values driven, as consumers increasingly engage with companies that take a proper stand to do things better.
We see a growing number of emerging brands that are responding to these needs in truly inspiring ways, whilst generating attractive investment returns.
We are a small, tight, non-hierarchical, open-minded, passionate, light-hearted, determined team with highly diverse and complementary skills. We love what we do.
We seek an exceptionally talented, digital consumer expert to join as a Principal.
As part of the role, you will:
- Become a core member of the senior investment team.
- Bring a deep fascination for and an understanding of the digital consumer ecosystem. You will have a clear thesis for where to invest in the consumer landscape and relish debating and shaping these convictions with the team.
- Be a natural networker with long, existing tentacles in the consumer landscape (with founders, entrepreneurs, angel investors, executives and other key stakeholders).
- Proactively source deals and have real conviction around your own and others’ investment opportunities.
- Close new investment opportunities and lead the investment process (commercial analysis, due diligence, structuring, business planning, etc).
- Support, champion and challenge our founders and leadership teams and take responsibility by sitting on boards.
- Enjoy representing Active and our portfolio companies at relevant events for consumer / growth investing.
- Have an insatiable curiosity and genuine zest for the consumer economy and what really matters to consumers today
- Prior investment experience is really helpful, but not a prerequisite. (ie. Angel, VC, PE or within a corporate).
- Demonstrable track record of success in high growth entrepreneurial environments.
- Deep digital experience is essential but could be found in many places, such as an operating role in a consumer brand, advisory business, another investment firm.
- Strong analytical and strategic skills, likely honed in investment banking, strategic consulting, or a commercial role within high growth digital business
- A citizen of the world, exemplified by work experience in different countries. (Speaking different languages would be a bonus).
- Strong academics – top university / MBA
You will be a key member of the Active family. We are a small, tight, non-hierarchical, open-minded, passionate, light-hearted, determined team with highly diverse and complementary skills.
As part of the team, you will:
- Share our values of courage, respect, partnership, diversity and curiosity.
- Be humble, confident, light-hearted and engaging. Above all be yourself.
- Set your own very high standards and be driven to challenge, champion and improve ours.
- Live your life to the full, in and outside of work.
- Be entrepreneurial, take responsibility, have conviction and always “Find a way”.
If interested, please apply here.