The Investment Partner will be expected to source a growing number of investment opportunities and formulating proactive investment theses on areas of interest. This position will lead all facets of analysis and assessment of potential new venture investments and portfolio management activities, and the Partner should show the ability to establish “go-to” relationships with prospective company management teams when leading investment processes. The partner will lead by example in ZX mission, values, and philosophy. In all aspects, they serve as a role model for the values and mission of the organization.
- Develops proactive investment theses in areas of interest and takes an active role in the capital raising activities of firm’s funds
- Leads and oversees all stages of investment transaction-related efforts including financial modeling and analysis, industry research, negotiation of investment terms, valuation analyses and liquidity events.
- Performs due diligence such as customer and management references, and industry research (e.g. market sizing and mapping and competitive landscape analyses), while demonstrating the ability to form a viewpoint on investment opportunities.
- Crafts investment memoranda and presentation materials for the partnership, and in a lead investor capacity, to include developing and refining presentation themes, data gathering and synthesis, and constructing professional presentation materials.
- Works with portfolio companies to enhance operations and performance, report on portfolio company’s performance and supporting them on ad hoc projects.
- Creates processes and infrastructures to ensure long-term scalability of ZX’s investment process.
- Demonstrates an ability to leverage an existing network of relationships to source a growing number of compelling investment opportunities.
- Presents investment opportunities to ZX’s Executive Investment Committee.
- 8+ years of experience in investment banking, venture capital, private equity strategy consulting, relevant corporate development role, or some combination of the above. Or, strong operational experience in conjunction with demonstrated facility in all financial aspects of transaction related work
- Ability to self-direct, analyze, evaluate, and form independent investment judgments
- Excellent organizational skills with a self-starter mentality and also a strong attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal communication capabilities
- Strong financial modelling capabilities / Professional Excel and PowerPoint experience
- Strong business acumen including operating experience or a deep network in ABI
- Direct or indirect exposure to the target industry is an asset but not required
ZX Ventures is a global incubator, operator, and venture capital team backed by Anheuser-Busch InBev. We are a small army of futurists, dreamers, doers, designers, engineers, scientists, marketers, brewers, builders, and data geeks. From operating leading craft breweries, eCommerce sites, technology products and retail operations to investing in innovative third-party companies, ZX Ventures is accelerating the future. With offices in over 20 countries, the opportunities are as vast and diverse as our team of professionals.
BE EMPOWERED BY PEOPLE.
Work with passionate partners and industry leaders, including entrepreneurs, investors, operators, and innovators who are dreaming of changing the world…and then doing it. You’ll have the chance not just to work with them, but to become one of them. We’re a company of owners, which means you can count on your colleagues because they’re as vested in this dream as you are.
LEARN QUICKLY. GROW QUICKLY.
You’ll explore uncharted territory, creating, investing in and leading businesses, products, and models that didn’t exist before. The result? You have the opportunity – and the expectation – to learn something new. And you’ll learn quickly, because accepting big challenges is in your DNA.
GET THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS.
At ZX Ventures, you’ll have the opportunity to build the future of an industry, backed by its leader. What does that mean? A startup environment with access to AB InBev’s resources. Centuries of expertise spanning 150 countries and 180,000 colleagues. Brands that have been bringing people together for generations. The possibilities for your career are endless.
IF interested, please apply here