As a business accelerator, Via ID provides long-term support for projects related to new forms of mobility: everyday, intelligent and sustainable.
Via ID offers a complete ecosystem to the entrepreneurs who join it: incubation, financing, expert advice but also strong synergies with the leading players in mobility.
Via ID has also created the Mobility Club to bring together international mobility and smart city corporations to share strategic insights and open innovation and investment opportunities.
Today, Via ID is two incubation programs, an office in San Francisco, Singapore and Berlin, a portfolio of about twenty startups (including Getaround, Heetch, Smoove, Ector, Xee, UbiGo…), but also membership of Mobivia, European leader in automotive services and new mobility (Norauto, Midas, ATU…).
Via-ID is looking for an experienced and well-connected local Venture Partner to assist in leading earlystage venture investments and open innovation from Central & Northern Europe in the Mobility and
Autotech space. You’ll be reporting directly to the Head of International Operations (COMEX).
- End-to-end investments in Central & Northern Europe: lead all aspects of investment including investment thesis development, sourcing, investment memo, due diligence, negotiation, approval and deal closing.
- Business Development: work with the portfolio companies to help them in their overall strategy building, business development, fundraising and M&A where relevant.
- New market analysis: lead new market analysis by periodically investigating and drafting recommendations regarding new technology areas that may be attractive for investment purposes or technological scanning.
- Brand-building: engage with the tech, media, and entrepreneurship community in Central & Northern Europe startup hubs.
- Develop synergies between Via ID’s portfolio startups and local eco-system
- Internal due diligence: when relevant, communicate with Mobivia business units about potential investments, including the aggregation and synthesis of business unit feedback.
- Contribute to Via-ID’s overall vision and direction.
- 4-10+ years of experience in venture capital (as VC or business angel investor), investment banking, private equity, or similar roles.
- Previous entrepreneurial experience, or strong entrepreneurial mindset is a big plus
- 5+ years of experience working in technology in Central & Northern Europe
- Proven track record of success with strong references.
- Previous experience leading multiple VC or angel deals from sourcing to close, including the management of due diligence, negotiation of terms, and oversight of the closing process.
- Board-level experience (director or observer).
- Strong financial modeling, presentation, and written communication skills.
- Extensive network in the European venture capital and entrepreneur community, especially at the seed and series A stages.
- Strong interest, passion or expertise in our focus area (mobility).
- Proven ability to build and sell business cases to various stakeholders including senior executives.
- Comfortable working in teams, building relationships and interacting with colleagues at all levels and remotely.
- Fluent in German and English. French is definitely a plus
- Highly independent and self-directed, with an ability to create and execute on your own roadmap.
If interested, please apply here.