Founded in 2017, Toyota Ventures is a Silicon Valley-based venture capital firm that invests in early-stage startups around the world in frontier and climate technologies. Our mission is to discover what’s next for Toyota by helping startups bring ground-breaking technologies and business models to market quickly. With more than $500M under management, we’ve invested in nearly 40 companies, including Bipi, Blackmore, Carbice, Intuition Robotics, Joby Aviation, May Mobility, Revel, SLAMcore, and Ziva Dynamics.
We are looking for a Partner with at least ten years of previous VC experience to lead our Climate Fund investments. The mission of the Climate Fund is to accelerate Toyota’s carbon neutrality goals. Along with a degree in a relevant field, you’ll need a strong understanding of venture capital investing and climate technology. The role also requires excellent interpersonal skills, an understanding of industry trends, and a knack for spotting the early-stage startups that are defining those trends.
The ideal candidate will be a natural leader and networker who is already plugged into the climate startup ecosystem and is familiar with leading entrepreneurs and investors. We also value diversity and believe in “keeping it weird.” If that sounds like a good fit, and you’re passionate about finding and funding innovative companies, we look forward to hearing from you!
- Set direction for the Climate Fund
- Define investment thesis and criteria
- Lead deals
- Represent the fund publicly
- Deal sourcing
- Financial modeling
- Source and screen potential target companies
- Participate in due diligence, market analyses, and industry deep dives
- Prepare and/or lead all aspects of the preparation of investment memos, cap tables, and present potential investments to the Investment Committee
- Handle deal negotiations and closings
- Support portfolio companies in fundraising, recruiting, sales, etc.
- 10+ years of experience at credible venture capital, accelerator, investment bank, consulting firm, corporate venture capital / private equity firm, or active M&A corporate development group; Startup operating experience a plus.
- Tenacious deal hunter and executor
- Demonstrated experience managing transactions that range in size and complexity
- Proven track record to drive transaction from start to finish and how/when to walk away from a deal
- Experienced qualitative/quantitative knowledge of startup financial, corporate, and deal modeling
- Strong ability to think strategically and direct others in solving complex business problems under pressure
- Excellent communication skills, including strong writing and ability to build outstanding presentation materials for executive decision-makers
- Proven track record to lead, recruit, retain and mentor robust teams of venture capital professionals
- Confident but not arrogant; humble but not insecure
- Masters degree in engineering, computer science, business administration or relevant field preferred
- Entrepreneurial and well-networked
- Insatiable curiosity about new technologies and businesses that bring them to market
- Great teammate
If interested, please apply here.