We are Stryber – the largest independent corporate portfolio builder in the DACH region. We help our clients launch new digital ventures from scratch (and fix the strategy behind it) as well as build our own ventures.
While we grew to more than 90 Stryborgs, we have launched more than a dozen corporate startups in verticals such as FinTech, Digital Health and Food & Beverage.
Through our corporate investors / partners our startups can leverage the traditional ecosystem and scale of their sector.
Through company building as core asset class in our fund, we can achieve a higher IRR compared to traditional funds focusing on direct investments.
At Stryber you can expect a no bullshit, down to earth, yet high caliber work environment. You will be part of the Stryber family – a dynamic team that is highly motivated to create impact. You will start as Associate Partner to establish the fund with the clear intent to become General Partner in this fund. In your role:
- You create a compelling and visionary investment thesis as well as a solid investment/portfolio strategy for our yet-to-be-established fund in an underdeveloped market (e.g. Real Estate or Health)
- You acquire corporates from our target industry for investing in our fund and take over responsibility for the sales process, as well as our strategic RE corporate partner
- Industry expertise and a strong personal network in the fund’s yet-to-be-defined target market (e.g. real estate) is a strong plus – digital transformation in this market is your “personal sweet spot” and “second home”
- You track and manage our growing portfolio value and ensure sufficient fund liquidity
- Working with corporate clients requires you to be a rebel, but also adhere to some corporate rules, e.g. regular pitches for funding in the board, working with CxOs of the client organisation to create synergies, etc.
- You have the freedom to act and no politics
Your Career Opportunities
- Stryber can be your home base for a very long time
- You will develop a portfolio of corporate investors (LPs) and a pipeline of engagements together with the Managing Partners
- You advance to General Partner
- Seasoned investor in Venture Capital funds, fund of funds, or other Startups’ investment vehicles. M&A, Investment Banking or similar experience welcomed, too
- Strong analysis and deal closing expertise – you know how to design investment portfolios/strategies/theses, and how to source, structure and finance new (startup) investments
- Valuable experience in valuation methodologies and models (DCF, multiples, Venture Capital Method, etc.) and investment/acquisition processes (Shareholders’ Agreements, Data Rooms, Due Diligences, etc.)
- You understand company building as relevant asset class for this fund and bring with you methodologies and experience regarding make vs. buy decisions for building the portfolio
- Knowledgeable on technological companies and new business models
- Proactive person, with analytical and organisational capabilities, able to work independently and network/connect with multinational teams and all stakeholders
- Experience with P&L as well as digital transformation
- Industry expertise and a strong personal network in real estate is a strong plus – digital transformation in the real estate market is your “personal sweet spot” and “second home”
- Fluent in German and English is a must – another European language is a plus
- Fundraising experience is a strong plus
- Experience in founding your own startup in the past is a plus
- Solid understanding of lean startup methods and a startup mindset
- Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills
- Full-time availability, part-time or freelance is not possible
- Attractive compensation based on your experience
- Fame and glory for what you will have helped build
- Attractive office in the middle of Munich – become part of the inspiring WeWork community, which includes perks like free beer/coffee/tea/water, table soccer, table tennis, regular events, and engaging with a great community of inspiring people
- A great remote culture, which allows you to be very flexible; if you prefer to work from sunny beaches or cool mountains from time to time, feel free – just be prepared to get some jealous messages from us on Slack or to receive even more awesome photos in return
- Joint Work-From-X weeks
- A highly dynamic and energetic environment
- “Move fast & break things” culture
- Awesome team challenger events, weekly team lunches, and lots of fun
If interested, please apply here.