- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 9 years of experience in venture capital, private equity, or investment banking; with experience managing teams.
- Experience as an early employee of a fund, founder of a technology startup, or in operations at a startup.
- Experience in talent acquisition, organizational design, business consulting and/or coaching and development.
- STEM degree and/or Master’s degree.
- Experience influencing through relationships, expertise and data and ability to manage stakeholders.
- Communication and interpersonal skills with a proven ability to take initiative and build productive relationships.
About the job
Google’s known for our innovative technologies, products and services – and for the people behind them. As part of our recruiting team, you’re charged with finding the most interesting candidates who bring an entrepreneurial spirit and a diversity of thought to all they do. You’re responsible for guiding candidates through our hiring process and connecting them to the magic of working at Google. You are creative and driven, which allows you to develop lasting relationships with both candidates and hiring managers. You’re also comfortable with numbers and drawing insights from analytics to make our hiring process smarter and more efficient.
Gradient Ventures is an ROI-focused venture fund. Our sole mission is to support the most talented founders building AI-powered companies. We have been tech founders before, and we understand what it takes to start with an idea and build a transformative company.
Talent is a key ingredient in a company’s success and helping companies get the right team members at the right time is invaluable. As a Talent Partner, you will lead all facets of the talent function at Gradient Ventures. You will bring strategic mindset combined with the insight and diligence of a venture partner alongside the relationship building skills of an executive search partner. You will play a key supporting role in Gradient decisions and operations internally as well as be the positive external face for Gradient as a speaker at industry events.
Great just isn’t good enough for our People Operations team (known elsewhere as “Human Resources”). We bring the world’s most innovative people to Google and provide the programs that help them thrive. Whether recruiting the next Googler, refining our core programs, developing talent, or simply looking for ways to inject some more fun into the lives of our Googlers, we bring a data-driven approach that is reinventing the human resources field. You’ll play an essential role advancing a more diverse, accessible, equitable, and inclusive Google through our hiring, promotion, retention, and inclusion practices.
- Assess talent needs across Gradient’s portfolio companies, understand the specific nuances and culture of each organization, and, in collaboration with the entrepreneurs, drive outcomes that change the trajectory of a company.
- Create and lead a Talent Program focused on identifying and forming a perspective on the next-gen set of AI entrepreneurs, companies and executive talent for the Gradient portfolio.
- Leverage your knowledge of HR/Talent, operations and venture capital/private equity space to set and execute talent strategy and influence founders and senior leadership.
- Help develop and execute Gradient’s operational strategy.
- Nurture and build Gradient’s brand and long term relationships with leaders of various seniority and types of expertise, and lead community engagement initiatives and expansion of Gradient’s core team and portfolio companies.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also Google’s EEO Policy and EEO is the Law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form.
If interested, please apply here.