Remote locations may be available in the following states: Connecticut.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 10 years of experience in business or corporate development
- Experience in venture capital, private equity, or investment banking
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills; ability to analyze data, understand trends and develop recommendations for action based on the analysis.
- HR or professional psychology experience in the following areas: organizational design, business consulting, and/or coaching and development
- Great at influencing through strong relationships, expertise, data, and ability to manage a complex set of stakeholders
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with a proven ability to take initiative and build strong, productive relationships; an ability to identify and galvanize this complex web of relationships and dependencies to holistically solve problems and seize opportunities
About the job
As a member of the Corporate Development team, you work collaboratively across functions (including Product, Legal, Finance and People Operations) to identify, evaluate, and negotiate both acquisition and strategic investment opportunities. You understand the industry landscape and regional nuances, and provide the management team with the needed insight to drive intelligent, sound decision-making. With an air of humility, you bring strong quantitative skills, strategic thinking and sound business judgment, along with the ability to think about what is – and what could be.
Gradient Ventures is an early-stage venture capital fund. We have been tech founders before, and we understand what it takes to start with an idea and build a transformative company. Gradient is an ROI-focused fund.
Our team specializes in helping your company take off, providing hands-on product, marketing, sales, and talent support. When you join the Gradient portfolio, we work closely with you and your management team on identifying the best ways we can support you.
With our deep roots in Silicon Valley tech, we are passionate about helping you triage product and engineering challenges.
We care about our community. We host regular events for founders and their leads, facilitate mentorship and collaboration across the portfolio, and foster an active online community.
In this role, you will lead all facets of the executive and founder coaching function. You will bring a strategic mindset combined with the insight and rigor of a venture partner. You will play a key supporting role in Gradient decisions and operations internally as well as be the positive external face for Gradient as a speaker at industry events.
- Assess coaching needs and management team needs across Gradient’s portfolio companies, understand the specific nuances and culture of each organization, and in collaboration with the entrepreneurs, drive outcomes that change the trajectory of a company
- Create and lead a Coaching Program focused on identifying and forming a strong perspective on the next-generation set of AI entrepreneurs, companies, and executive talent for the Gradient portfolio
- Leverage your knowledge of HR/Coaching, operations, and venture capital space to set and execute talent strategy and influence founders and senior leadership
- Play the role of Coaching subject matter expert, contributing to broader team processes, tools, best practices, and trainings
- Lead community engagement initiatives and expansion of Gradient’s core team and portfolio companies
If interested, please apply here.