This position is responsible for managing a portfolio of direct and fund-of-funds investments in diverse pre-seed, seed and early-stage companies and fund managers, under the oversight of Chief Investment
Officer. This position works closely with Chief Investment Officer in providing solutions for prospective and existing portfolio companies, such as go-to-market strategies, product development, vendor sourcing, etc.
The Venture Partner will gain in-depth exposure to venture investing and management as well as a variety of technology platforms and start-ups.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Assuring the organization is in the strongest possible position to increase its operation effectiveness, influence, and likelihood that it can accomplish both its mission and move closer to realizing the organization’s vision. To be successful in this role, an individual must be able to perform in a satisfactory manner the functions listed below.
- Network with peers at other venture capital firms and other industry partners
- Be a thought leader, maintaining up-to-date knowledge on industry and technology trends, as well as attending and speaking at events/conference
- Lead development and execution of portfolio management strategies and programs
- Represent the fund as a board member or board observer, as appropriate
- Actively support the execution of tasks, projects, and priorities supporting portfolio company success
- Support development of quarterly LP reporting documents
- Support the limited partner relationship management
- Network and immerse self within LP organizations as well as their related ecosystem
- Endeavor to build long-term relationships and understand LP strategic priorities
- Present to Investment Committee and LP organizations
- Support fund strategy development and operations
- Assist Chief Investment Officer with the definition of fund-level priorities and strategies, as well as operational processes and procedures
- Support any and all fundraising efforts
- Invest in the future of the firm, helping to drive the continued improvement of systems, process and infrastructure as the firm grows
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required to perform each essential duties satisfactorily. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- Demonstrated problem-solving, quantitative, and qualitative analysis skills, including deep familiarity with tech startup and scale-up development cycles
- Understanding of operational and financial drivers that impact high-growth ventures
- Intellectual curiosity mindset, above and beyond their defined role, and enthusiasm for high-growth ventures
- Strong communication (written, verbal, listening, and presentation skills)
- Highly collaborative work-style, pragmatic, and resourceful problem-solver
- Capability and desire to build relationships and network within the venture industry
- Responds well to change and has a high tolerance for ambiguity
- Approaches work with an unparalleled level of personal ownership, responsibility, integrity, and ethics
- Ability to travel up to 20% of time
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, economics, finance, business or in a science or engineering discipline. MBA preferred
- 10+ years’ work experience with significant exposure to the technology industry – consulting or banking background strongly preferred; experience in an operating role required; VC or PE investing experience with deal execution is a plus;
- Past experience successfully working in cross-functional teams
The physical demands described here are representative of those an individual must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. We will make reasonable accommodations to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- A valid driver’s license is required
- Strong sensory skills, such as good eyesight, good hearing, and dexterity
- Strong speaking and listening skills
- Ability to perform focused work with close attention to detail
- Ability to interact with others, both in person and through phone, e-mail, and written correspondence
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
If interested, please apply here.