CircleUp is a technology company that leverages Helio – a data aggregation and machine learning platform – to power private market investing in high growth consumer packaged goods brands. CircleUp’s mission is to help entrepreneurs thrive and our vision is to create an efficient and transparent marketplace for all. We plan to bring the data-driven revolution that has occurred in the public markets to the private markets .
We are seeking a Partner for CircleUp Growth Partners, a $125m consumer venture capital fund. We are looking for someone with a passion for early-stage consumer investing and excitement around data-driven investing. Our first fund is currently performing phenomenally and we are nearing the raising of our second fund. This position is comparable to a 3-year program at other PE/VC funds. We will look for this person to autonomously run and source an investment funnel while being mentored by our Managing Directors and General Partners.
CircleUp was recently honored as one of Fast Company’s Top 10 Most Innovative Companies in Data Science and has been named a CB Insights FinTech 250, a Top 5 Most Disruptive Company in Finance by CNBC, and to the Forbes FinTech 50. Founded in 2012, CircleUp is headquartered in San Francisco and backed by Union Square Ventures, GV, Canaan Partners, QED Advisors, and others
- Independently manage the process for investments in early stage consumer products companiesIdentify potential companies/industries of interest within the consumer space and proactively source new investments
- Lead all diligence for new investment opportunities, including investment thesis development, competitive analysis, market sizing, financial analysis and deal structuring
- Present investment proposals to investment committee and actively participate in discussions and decisions
- Monitor and support portfolio companiesAct as a strong representative in a variety of contexts, including with potential industry partners, at trade shows and conferences
- Collaborate cross-functionally across the different teams at CircleUp, including both the credit and systematic equity funds as well as our technology platform team
- Bachelor’s degree (Accounting/Economics/Finance Preferred)
- 2+ years of finance experience (VC, P/E, Banking/consulting,)
- Experience sourcing opportunities and developing relationships
- Solid understanding of financial, accounting and valuation concepts
- Very strong analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills
- Highly proactive and an ability to work both independently and as part of the team
- Exceptional integrity, highly intelligent and strong work ethic
If you got to this point, we hope you’re feeling excited about the job description you just read! Even if you feel that you don’t meet all of the requirements and qualifications, we still encourage you to apply. We’re eager to speak with those who share our passion to help entrepreneurs thrive – not just those who match every bullet point in our job descriptions.
CircleUp is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status (including registered domestic partnership status), sex and gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity and gender expression (including transgender individuals who are transitioning, have transitioned, or are perceived to be transitioning to the gender with which they identify), age, sexual orientation, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status and any other consideration protected by federal, state or local law. We encourage those who really want to make an impact to apply for our open positions.
If interested, please apply here.