Founded in 2009 by Marc Andreessen and Ben Horowitz, Andreessen Horowitz (known as “a16z”) is a venture capital firm in Silicon Valley, California, that backs bold entrepreneurs building the future through technology. We are stage agnostic: We invest in seed to late-stage technology companies, across the consumer, enterprise, bio/healthcare, crypto, and fintech spaces. a16z has $19.2B in assets under management across multiple funds, including the $1.4B Bio funds, the $3.1B Crypto funds, and the Cultural Leadership Fund.
We’ve established a team that is defined by respect for the entrepreneur and the entrepreneurial company building process. We’ve invested in companies like Airbnb, Apeel, Coinbase, Figma, Freenome, Instacart, Lyft, Slack, and Stripe. Our team is at the forefront of new technology, helping entrepreneurs and their companies impact and change the world.
The Cultural Leadership Fund (CLF) Partner will be responsible for general, cross-functional support working toward the CLF mission. This role will work directly with the CLF team to increase Black representation on cap tables and enable more Black talent to enter and lead in the tech field. The CLF Partner will play a critical role in cultivating a growing Black community in tech and will create lasting and meaningful value in the ecosystem.
To Join Our Team, You Should Be Excited To
- Provide cross-functional support to the CLF team including general, agency and network engagement partners.
- Field and manage inbound outreach for CLF support including talent, entrepreneurs, nonprofits and general network opportunities.
- Maintain and improve our systems and reporting. We primarily use Google Workspace, Airtable and Salesforce and Zoom You’ll help make sure our systems are up to date with the latest data. You’ll work with the team to improve our systems, so we’re making decisions with the best possible data and automating as much as we can.
- Cultivate a large and active community of Black cultural leaders, professionals, tech innovators, builders, thinkers, leaders, and enthusiasts.
- Keep pulse on culture and tech trends and news that may impact the CLF network and present recommendations ongoing for how the team can engage and contribute in these moments.
- Support on CLF external engagement including events, social media and newsletters.
- 4+ years of experience in program/project management, strategy or operations in community-oriented or technology companies.
- Systems thinker with strong track record for project managing, prioritizing, and managing cross-functional partners
- Ability to assess what’s happening and how to thoughtfully and effectively communicate within it
- Self-starter, creative problem solver, and adaptable in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communicator with genuine excitement for bringing people together
- Investigate new platforms and identify opportunities for growth.
- We do only first class business and only in a first class way
- We take a long view of relationships, because we are in the relationship business
- We believe in the future and bet the firm that way
- We are all different, we recognize that, and we win
- We celebrate the good times
- We do it for the team
- We play to win
If interested, please apply here.