AI is the new electricity: Just as electricity transformed numerous industries starting 100 years ago, AI is now poised to do the same. AI Fund is a startup studio building new AI companies from the ground up. Our companies bridge AI technology and applications, focusing on industries and problems that we believe move the world forward. Founded by Dr. Andrew Ng, our team merges a deep understanding of AI technology with a proven ability to start new ventures. We have a unique business model that prepares founding members of a portfolio company with technical validation of the idea, experienced back office operational support and our team’s AI know how as well as connections within the AI community. This is an excellent opportunity for you to get in on the ground floor of an exciting AI Venture Firm and through it, grow its portfolio.
AI Fund is looking for a partner to assist with our process of systematically ideating, validating, building and launching AI companies as a co-founder. You will participate in ideation of new companies, and will be responsible for helping to give strategic guidance to multiple companies at many different stages, ranging from an idea to Series A or B funded companies. You will play a very active role in shaping the companies we build to ready the companies for Series A funding and launch.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Screen and assess startup ideas. You will be responsible for looking at startup ideas and forming an assessment of its potential to determine whether we should proceed with finding a founder to work alongside us to build that particular startup.
- Build startups from scratch. You will be directly responsible for the early blocking-and-tackling of multiple companies and ensure that they are meeting milestones that were mutually agreed upon.
- Founder and other executive recruiting. Work hand-in-hand with our talent team to attract founder(s) as well as, later, key executives to a startup. Establish partnerships and new channels to find budding entrepreneurs in addition to seasoned executives.
- Innovate on and refine our company building process. You will be a key innovator in tuning and creating new processes to systematically build companies.
- As part of AI Fund’s executive team, provide guidance for the fund. As part of the fund leadership, you will assist with spotting opportunities and help develop solutions to whatever issues arise. It’s a huge plus if you can help guide AI Fund’s portfolio construction and take part in making follow on investment decisions.
What You Must Bring:
- Previous executive management experience.
- Strong strategic thinker. Prior experience assessing a multitude of business situations and driving to a clear and logical strategy.
- Previous startup or other small/scrappy team experience. Recent hands-on experience helping startups with pivoting in business related strategy and change management.
- Strong connections and network in the hi-tech entrepreneur community to attract them to co-found companies with AI Fund.
- Experience at the pre-product and pre-revenue stage and is able to advise on multiple aspects of startup building, and be able to guide a company from ideation through its Series A.
Nice To Haves:
- Successful exits in the past as a co-founder or founder of a company.
- Previous advisory experience advising early stage companies.
- MBA plus STEM undergraduate degree.
If interested, please apply here.