AI is the new electricity: Just as electricity transformed numerous industries starting 100 years ago, AI is now poised to do the same. AI Fund is an early stage venture fund founded by Dr. Andrew Ng in 2017. Our portfolio companies utilize AI technology and applications to improve processes and efficiency. The AI Fund team combines their experiences as AI pioneers, entrepreneurs, venture capitalists, investors, and operators. We are backed by a $176 million-dollar fund from top-tier VC firms.
AI Fund is looking for a partner to add to our portfolio of companies and aid the growth of existing portfolios. We are looking for not just an investor but someone who is passionate about helping entrepreneurs succeed. You will be responsible for screening ideas, making investments and providing strategic guidance to multiple companies, ranging from pre-seed to Series A funded companies. Especially in the earlier stages, you will be playing a very active role in shaping the company all the way from inception up to the company being ready for a Series A round.
Together, let’s build great companies that will move humanity forward.
What You Will be Doing
- Provide strategic guidance to our portfolio companies and help them pivot or conduct change management as necessary. Influence companies to a positive outcome in their early development.
- Be the single point of contact on behalf of AIF to help companies through the multiple stages of startup building stages of startup creation and ensure milestones are met and on track.
- Serve as a board member or observer.
- Executive recruiting and act as a partner to portfolio company management for key talent efforts.
- As part of AI Fund’s leadership team, provide general guidance over the fund.
- You will be responsible for building relationships and prospecting to bring in new opportunities.
What You Must Bring
- Early stage (pre-seed, seed, Series A) venture investment experience.
- Early stage tech startup executive experience, in at least 2 (and preferably more) VC backed companies. You should have been part of the startup while it was younger than Series A.
- Early stage startup strategy experience
- Operating executive experience. Must specifically be good at: 1) Evaluating talent. (To help the company build its executive team.); 2) Sound business and product judgement (to help the company navigate toward product market fit).
- Ability and experience-base to coach entrepreneurs.
- Ability to communicate clearly and influence without authority.
- Previous board experience and/or experience formally advising startups
- Previous experience as a product executive starting from pre-product phase to full launch of product and beyond a plus.
- Strong network in the entrepreneur community a plus.
We hope that you will fit in with our values!
- Teamwork: We work together to achieve goals as a team. We care for and watch out for each other. We share responsibilities as needed, even when it falls outside of our day-to-day functions.
- Trust: We trust each other to do their job to the best of their ability and assume positive intent. We value an environment where mistakes are viewed as opportunities to learn and improve.
- Transparency: We actively listen with humility and respect, understand different perspectives, and care about each other’s growth. We are candid, honest, and constructive in our communications with anyone we encounter.
- Execution-Oriented: We identify the highest value work to be done and then move efficiently and diligently to complete that work. Our attitudes and behaviors reflect our unwavering commitment to both productivity and excellence.
- Integrity: We are responsible and honest. We uphold high moral standards in everything we do. We will not compromise our principles for short-term rewards.
IF interested, please apply here.