Based in New York City, Aegis Ventures is a next-generation startup studio that partners with entrepreneurs and industry leaders to originate, launch, and scale transformative companies. Established by the founder and chairman of a leading global private investment firm, the Aegis platform brings together market-shaping ideas, permanent growth capital, and ambitious individuals who are driven to solve major societal problems. We aim to build companies with the capacity for vast impact, with an initial focus on three key areas: data and automation, health and wellness, and emerging sciences and technologies.
About the RoleAegis Operating Partners (“OPs”) are the foundational pillars of our studio and directly oversee the day-to-day operations of our early-stage ventures. This fast-paced leadership role is an ideal training ground for aspiring entrepreneurs and startup CEOs seeking catalytic opportunities for learning and growth. Supported by our studio team and experienced advisors, OPs are the primary drivers behind the development of all new launches. In the process, OPs gain significant experience in all aspects of startup operations, management, and strategy. When new companies are de-risked and require a full-time management team, OPs are given top consideration for co-founding leadership and operational roles, but have the option to remain an OP and continue to drive 0-to-1 development of new ventures.
We are looking for an OP to lead early operations for a consumer healthtech startup, which will be structured as a joint venture with a corporate partner (one of the largest healthcare systems in the United States). The company will leverage our partner’s distribution channels, patient network, and state-of-the-art infrastructure to deliver health and wellness products to consumers in the comfort of their homes. The OP will work alongside the studio team to lead the company’s product-market fit journey, staffing, and launch.
What You’ll Gain:
- A highly competitive compensation package, including top-tier benefits and equity in the startups that you help launch and scale
- An unparalleled, hands-on experience in startup operations, highlighted by the chance to bring new ventures to life across the broad spectrum of health and wellness
- An opportunity to help lead a rapidly growing, mission-driven company
- A chance to work with a highly talented, close-knit team that can act as a support network and sounding board throughout your entrepreneurial journey
What You’ll Do:
- Help launch and lead a nascent startup, playing a key leadership role as we take it from 0-to-1
- Wear a wide variety of hats as the company develops and grows, including:
- Research: Continue to advance the studio’s broad-based efforts to rigorously validate the venture idea through continued market research, customer interviews, and technical/legal due diligence
- Product: Develop and iterate on MVPs, run A/B testing on innovative features, and drive the end-to-end product build
- Sales and Marketing: Negotiate key agreements with distribution partners and create sales materials
- Recruiting: Lead the search for industry specialists and executive hires needed to fill short- and long-term staffing gaps
- Financial Oversight: Manage project burn and track key KPIs
- Partner Coordination: Coordinate with corporate partners to develop and execute the company’s go-to-market strategy
- A highly driven innovator motivated by the desire to build and lead transformative companies
- An insatiably curious strategist who enjoys pursuing the logical calculus to solve complex problems with no clear solutions
- A meticulous executor with a strong sense of urgency and passion for seamless delivery
- An efficiency expert with a skill for identifying bottlenecks, finding shortcuts, and effectively triaging tasks when every problem seems important
- An eloquent communicator, thoughtful listener, and, above all, a humble collaborator seeking to continuously learn from those around you
What You Have:
- Bachelor’s degree from a top university
- Multiple years of work experience in management consulting or supply chain and logistics
- Experience at a fast-paced, high-growth company is a plus
IF interested, please apply here.