xdeck is Germany’s first startup accelerator from founders for founders. It focuses on early-stage tech and digital driven startups, today with a relevance especially for the consumer and commerce industries. xdeck is seed-funded by the founders of FOND OF and made possible through strong partners: Capnamic Ventures, Cherry Ventures, Deutsche Bank, Heuking Kühn Lüer Wojtek, High-Tech Gründerfonds, Kienbaum Consultants International, Köln Business, McKinsey & Company, nexum, Volksbank Köln Bonn, and more.
Now, we are building the xdeck pre-seed venture capital fund. From founders, for founders. We strive to become the first institutional investor in startups and build the bridge between angel investors and early-stage VC funds. Through the close collaboration with the xdeck accelerator and its partners, we have superior access to high-quality startups as well as the capabilities to provide them with specific and tailormade operational support. Our goal is to help our portfolio startups exceed their growth targets and prepare them for future financing rounds.
As investment manager, starting as soon as you can, you will help us complete founding the fund and become responsible for its daily operations. Together with the xdeck fund managing director and the entire xdeck team, you will further shape our investment strategy and fundraising, source promising investments from within and outside of the xdeck accelerator, and lead startups through the entire investment process. You will become the first contact person for our portfolio founders and prepare them for exponential growth. We are looking for an ambitious investment manager with passion for entrepreneurship, a strong can-do mentality, and the willingness to make a difference.
ARE YOU XCITED ABOUT …
- ENTREPRENEURSHIP? You love new ideas and being visionary. You know what founders need to unleash their full potential. You see new opportunities, you foster different options and you boldly shape the future of the xdeck VC fund.
- ANALYTICS? You prefer data and structure over chaos. You feel at ease dissecting new business models, challenging the assumptions and economics behind, and accelerating them towards market success.
- EXECUTION? You prefer doing over talking. And you know how to get things done in a fast, efficient and uncomplicated way – across different worlds: you seamlessly move between the startup, venture capital and corporate sectors.
- COMMUNICATION? You have a strong network across the startup and venture capital sector and you excel at bringing together inspiring and relevant people. You find the appropriate tone and have the right attitude to build trustful relationships with founders and to critically challenge their progress.
- TEAM? You are a team player by nature.
If all of the above describes you, then we are already a bit XCITED about you. We expect the following qualifications from you:
YOU HAVE …
- relevant professional work experience at a (corporate) VC fund and/or through the foundation of an own VC-funded startup
- a university degree in economics, business, engineering or another relevant field of academic studies, graduating with outstanding grades (top 10 percent)
- strong conceptual-analytical skills. You know how to quickly, yet thoroughly evaluate the potential of startups and to critically challenge their business models
- team-spirit and a good sense of humor. You know when and how to motivate people and enable them to be the best version of themselves
- very good contacts to the investor and entrepreneurial scene, and are willing to extend your network further
- excellent German and English skills
- an independent way of working and a high level of professionalism
xdeck is located in THE SHIP, Germany’s most digital office building, in Cologne-Ehrenfeld. For more information on xdeck, please visit us on www.xdeck.de. We look forward to receiving your application!
If interested, please apply here.