TecPier is growing and we are looking to add an investment manager to our team!
TecPier is an early-stage venture capital firm focused on startups in the maritime, logistics and supply chain industries.
Our investment thesis is centered on the major challenges and shifts facing global supply chains with an emphasis on maritime shipping, freight-enabling technologies and seaborne trade.
You will play a critical role in supporting our fundraising, deal sourcing and due diligence efforts, monitoring and assisting our portfolio companies, researching investment themes, and building the TecPier brand. This is an excellent opportunity to build a career in venture capital.
Responsibilities for this role include:
- Supporting our fundraising efforts and relationship management of strategic partners and co-investors.
- Sourcing new early-stage investments by nurturing strong relationships with founders, investors, and the broader VC community.
- Driving all aspects of due diligence, including detailed customer and management references, market sizing and mapping, financial modeling, industry research and deal documentation as well as presenting to the investment committee.
- Contributing to building the TecPier brand and portfolio, as well as improving our internal processes including dealflow management and investor relations.
We look forward to hearing from you if:
- You have an entrepreneurial bent and a get-things-done mindset. You have a feel for innovations, business models and markets and share our enthusiasm for start-ups.
- Are highly analytical and genuinely enthusiastic about analyzing quantitative and qualitative data. You have a structured, result-oriented way of working and a strong ability to synthesize key findings.
- Are creative, communicative and enjoy working in a small team. You are able to build strong relationships and enjoy interacting with the startup community.
- Are an innovative thinker. You formulate a well-reasoned perspective on where innovations in maritime and supply chains are headed and help us identify these opportunities early.
- You have at least 3-5 years of experience in some combination of venture capital, private equity, banking, M&A, consulting, big tech, and startups. Network and experience in the maritime, logistics and supply chain space are a plus.
What we offer:
- We are a small, agile team with strong backers, industry know-how and investment expertise.
- We offer you the chance to grow professionally and personally in a constructive and dynamic work environment.
- You can expect excellent opportunities for participation at a young, ambitious venture capital firm.
Does this sound like you? If so, we’d love to hear from you. We look forward to receiving your application including cover letter, CV and references. We’ll follow up if your background is a potential fit.
If interested, please apply here.