SKTA is looking to add a key member to the venture investment and business development team. The candidate will play a central role in developing the investment ecosystem (e.g. advisors, corporate partner network), sourcing and evaluating new opportunities, building investment theses, executing transactions in a timely manner, as well as supporting current portfolio companies.
- Proactively source, identify, and analyze new investment opportunities by working with the team to expand its co-investment and corporate partner ecosystems (VCs, CVCs, Accelerators, Incubators, CXOs, Subject Matter Experts)
- Develop investment theses and deep dive on specific technology areas with subject matter experts – 5G, Software Defined Networks, Cloud Computing, Big Data, AI, IoT, Mobility, Cybersecurity, VR/AR, Digital Media and other areas.
- Perform research and analysis of new markets, technologies, and competitive landscape; share findings with investment team
- Lead efforts in due diligence on potential investment opportunities and prepare investment memo
- Execute new and/or follow-on investments, including deal structuring and financial modeling
- Assist and support portfolio companies with business strategy, financial review, and investors, partners and customers introduction
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering; Master’s Degree preferred
- 7-10 years of experience in previous roles in venture capital (associate/principal), startup accelerator, corporate ventures, corporate innovation or corporate development
- Strong local network in the VC and startup ecosystem
- Technical expertise and operating experience in high growth startups a plus
- Comfortable and high proficiency in dealing with market and technology trends research, competitive analysis and additional due diligence activities
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills, self-starter, comfortable working with minimal oversight and taking on new tasks on-demand/as needed
Location of the position is in Santa Clara, CA.
For more information, visit http://www.skta.com
If interested, please apply here.