Ship2B Ventures is a venture capital firm focused on delivering profitability with impact. We are looking for an experienced investment professional to lead the healthcare vertical and execute investments in startups looking to improve the quality of life for three vulnerable collectives: people with disabilities, people with chronic illnesses and the elderly. This is a critical role to achieve our goals: make money for our investors while positively impacting 250,000 individuals during the life of the fund.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll be in charge of leading the healthcare deal team in its mission to execute 2-3 investments on a yearly basis for the next four years. This includes:
- Coordinate with e-health associate to source new investment opportunities.
- Lead weekly meeting and take charge of healthcare pipeline.
- Support e-health associate in the early stages of startup analysis and drafting initial internal documentation.
Support pre-and post-deal closing process:
- Lead selected investments from due diligence process to deal closing.
- Coordinate all third-parties involved in the funding round of potential investees.
- Lead investment memorandum and present to Investment Committee.
- Draft the 100-day plan post-investment.
Ongoing valuation of portfolio companies:
- Collaborate in generating regular monitoring reports.
- Support healthcare portfolio companies periodically by gathering information and monitoring jointly developed plans.
- Assess potential for follow-ons
- Facilitate company exits and represent Ship2B in the process.
- Represent Ship2B Ventures in conferences, panels and other industry events.
- Develop a network of like-minded stakeholders and investors in healthcare.
- Generate relevant content on a regular basis to reflect Ship2B’s investment theses, decisions around invested companies and publish it in the best channels.
What we expect from you
Depending on your level of experience, we are flexible to make this an investment manager or director position. In both cases, we require:
- Domain expertise in the medtech and/or digital health space.
- 7+ years of relevant experience in a medtech/e-health startup, healthcare venture fund or related fields in a top- tier organisation (R&D, innovation).
- 4+ years of experience executing venture capital deals in the healthcare space (ability to provide investment track record and exits to date).
- Acquired a Bachelor or Masters Degree in a relevant field (biomedical engineering is desirable).
- Comfortable working autonomously.
- A thoughtful, collaborative approach and style that works well in a small, entrepreneurial team.
- Fluent in Spanish and English.
What we offer
- A fun, fast paced, and purpose-driven environment.
- A challenging, hands on role that will have a real impact on people and planet.
- Competitive compensation.
- The opportunity to fast-track your investment career within Ship2B Ventures.
This is a full-time role based in our headquarters in Barcelona.
If interested, please apply here.