At SGInnovate, we build and scale Deep Tech startups into companies with global impact. We believe that hard global problems can be solved using Deep Tech, and Singapore, where we are based, is uniquely positioned to realise Deep Tech innovations that can tackle these challenges. Our Deep Tech Nexus Strategy is focused on adding tangible value to the Deep Tech startup ecosystem in two key areas – development of Human Capital and deployment of Investment Capital. With the support of our partners and co-investors, we back entrepreneurial scientists through equity-based investments, access to talent and business-building advice. Our efforts are prioritised around emerging technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Autonomous Tech, MedTech and Quantum Tech, which represent impactful and scalable answers to global challenges. SGInnovate is a private-limited company wholly owned by the Singapore Government. For more information, please visit http://www.sginnovate.com.
As a Manager/ Senior Manager on the Venture Investing (Development) team, you will have the exciting opportunity to unlock value within SGInnovate’s portfolio of startups. You will work directly with startup founders and advise them in areas such as sales, operations, product and marketing. You will work with corporates/partners and introduce them to relevant startups for pilots and commercial contracts. You will come up with programs and initiatives to strengthen the capabilities of founders, with the aim of improving business outcomes and increasing the attractiveness of follow-on funding/exits.
You may be a good fit if you are:
- A builder who enjoys critical thinking and problem-solving
- Able to drive initiatives that can create a huge impact for our startups and business
- Able to understand startups’ technologies and business models
- Able to sell to corporates
- Possess financial and business acumen
- Good written & spoken communications skills
- Curious to learn and a self-starter
- Passionate about helping startup founders
- Interested in technology (e.g. Medtech, Biotech, Quantum, AI, Autonomous Tech)
Preferred Qualifications/ Experience
- Bachelor’s or Advanced Degree in Science/ Technology/ Engineering/ Mathematics
- Medtech/ biotech background and industry knowledge highly preferred
- Prior experience working in a startup/VC
If interested, please apply here.