SABIC is a global leader in chemicals headquartered in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. SABIC has more than 33,000 employees worldwide and operates in more than 50 countries. Fostering innovation and a spirit of ingenuity, we have about 12,500 global patent filings, and have significant research resources with innovation hubs in five key geographies – USA, Europe, Middle East, North East Asia and South East Asia.
SABIC Ventures is the corporate venturing arm of SABIC with personnel in the US, Europe and China. We complement the M&A and licensing groups to deliver innovations to support SABIC’s technology strategy. We work as a typical VC but with a strategic focus. Establishing the fit and post-transaction implementation is key to our value generation goal.
We invest off the balance sheet and typically invest at TRL 4-7 with conventional financial instruments but often in combination with a JDA or license. Our primary focus areas are – TRUCIRCLE™, Differentiated Materials, Specialty Agri-Nutrients and Resource/Energy Efficiency. We manage our portfolio companies through board representation until the time of exit.
SABIC Ventures is now looking for an experienced Corporate VC professional to lead its North American investments. This individual contributor role is responsible for:
- Internal and external stakeholder relationship management.
- Interacting with multi-C level leadership.
- Maintaining an external innovation and investor network
- Collaborating with the technology scouts to establish a strategic fit for identified opportunities
- Defining the financial and strategic business case for any opportunity
- Defining and negotiating the deal structure
- Leading and conducting a complete due diligence process in accordance with SABIC governance and compliance protocols
- Presenting to SABIC executive management and Ventures Investment Committee to procure required approvals
- Board governance and investment management
- Financial and strategic value delivery
The Corporate VC Investment Manager is responsible for working with the Managing Director, Portfolio Manager, other regional Investment Managers and Technology Managers as well as the SABIC corporate functions to ensure appropriate deal structuring, final execution, governance and value delivery for each transaction.
- Technical degree, MBA a plus
- Minimum 10 years of corporate venture capital transaction experience
- Ability to see the bigger picture as well as underlying details and effectively communicate outcomes and scenarios under differing conditions
- Risk tolerance to deliver highly uncertain & early stage technologies in a strategic venture environment
- Established network in the North American Corporate Venture Capital and Venture Capital market
- Effective communication skills, business acumen, leadership driving change and mobilizing resources in a global corporate environment
- You must submit your application for employment online to be considered. Please submit your resume using the “Apply Now/Apply” option on this page.
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must be willing to take a drug test as part of the selection process
- You must be willing to submit to a background investigation as part of the selection process
- You must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
SABIC is committed to creating a diverse work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and as such will not discriminate in its employment practices, including recruiting and hiring practices, based on a person’s race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation and pregnancy), age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
SABIC is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms/employment agencies for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of SABIC about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at SABIC via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search firm agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of SABIC; no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by SABIC as a result of the unsolicited referral or through other means
If interested, please apply here.