We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Job TitleManager, Strategic Investments and M&AOverview:
The Manager, Strategic Investments and M&A is an integral member of the team driving all phases sourcing, executing and overseeing strategic investments at Mastercard. The qualified candidate will be a member of a highly visible team with a focus on driving investment efforts for the Start Path fund, executing on broader strategic investments, portfolio management as well as supporting teams responsible for identifying, evaluating and executing M&A transactions. The position reports to VP, Strategic Investments & Portfolio Management.
• Play a leading role in driving the evaluation and execution of potential early stage investments to be made by the Start Path investment fund (engage business teams on assessing strategic fit, diligence on opportunity, presentation to investment committee, and post closing management)
• Provide support for on-going management, valuation and monitoring of broader strategic investment portfolio, including regular reporting to senior executives and Board of Directors
• Create valuation models for active deals in pipeline as well as in assessing the current portfolio
• Coordinate internal and external resources for due diligence
• Assist with creating and populating deliverables (including presentations to senior executives and Board of Directors, deal closing approvals, etc.)
• Support Corporate Development and M&A teams on larger M&A opportunity assessment
All About You:
• Must have intellectual curiosity with a desire to learn while bringing a new perspective to the table
• Strong analytical skills including financial modeling, accounting and valuation experience
• Solid understanding of financial concepts such as DCF, NPV, IRR, etc.
• Familiarity with financial technology and payments industry preferred
• Detail oriented with excellent communication (both written and oral) and interpersonal skills with excellent PC skills, including the entire Microsoft suite
• Capable of multi-tasking in a fast paced environment
• Excellent time management, planning and organizational skills
• Demonstrated experience in investment banking, private equity, venture capital, corporate development, or strategic finance role (preferred)
• Bachelors Degree
If interested, please apply here.