We invest in companies led by highly technical teams able to commercialize scientific breakthroughs in computer science (algorithmic technologies, machine learning & AI, blockchain, and more) and that aim to become global leaders in their respective fields. Lunar was founded by a highly technical team with decades of deep tech experience and launched its first fund in August 2019. It is backed by leading institutional Fund of Funds, including Isomer Capital, Multiple Capital, and the European Investment Fund, alongside other global VC investors. Lunar Ventures targets 30 investments throughout its lifecycle, and has so far invested into 8 stellar teams.
Lunar Ventures embraces diversity, inclusiveness and equal opportunity. We strive to build a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
Our fund is looking for a Finance Manager to support all of the fund’s operations across accounting, reporting, budgeting, compliance for the Lunar Ventures group entities, portfolio monitoring, and relationship management with the fund’s service providers.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- 1 to 3+ years of relevant experience
- Native German speaker, fluent in English, with excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Background in finance, accounting, or other relevant fields. Knowledge of IFRS and HGB standards
- Proactive and resourceful individual able to work independently and thrive in a startup-like environment
- Someone who knows how to share a good meme and chime in on theoretical topics regarding the world of the future!
- Previous exposure to or role in fund administration & reporting, investor relations, or a Big Four accounting firm
- Previous exposure to investment legal documentation and ability to understand German legalese
- Detail-oriented with mindshare for German bureaucratic/administrative tasks
- Proficiency in a 3rd language (or more!) is a plus
- Intellectual curiosity and ability to articulate and engage in team discussions and debate topics while respectfully holding your ground
Remote, +/-3 hour from CET.
As soon as possible and no later than September 2021. Since we are still a small team, we are also open to a gradual ramp-up (a few months of part-time work) that would allow us and the candidate to explore the cultural fit as well as the other expectations related to this role.
Alberto Cresto, Principal
Investor Relations: 20%
- Issuing capital calls to limited partners and streamlining other investor communications
- Support the preparation of investment summaries & memos
- Support the preparation of our Annual General Meeting and other investor-oriented events.
Investment Reporting: 20%
- Own relationships with the professional service providers (Fund administrator, Accounting firm, Banks, Fund auditor)
- Coordinate the preparation and review of the fund quarterly report to be sent the Limited Partners
- Take ownership of special reporting for the fund’s Institutional Limited Partners
- Prepare the necessary documentation for our annual audit
Finance & Budget for Lunar’s group entities: 20%
- Create and maintain an operating budgets for the fund’s group entities and making sure these are met
- take ownership of ongoing payments, invoicing and communication to/on behalf of the the Lunar Group entities
- Managing payroll operations and supporting the onboarding of new Human Resources
Portfolio Monitoring: 10%
- Monitor the portfolio companies’ budgets
- Ensure the portfolio companies meet our reporting requirements within the agreed upon timelines
- Develop and maintain a set of KPIs to track portfolio progression
- Coordinate with the fund administrative service provider on various compliance matters (KYC, AML) that may arise in a BaFIN-regulated financial institution
- Structure systems, procedures, and processes to ensure ongoing compliance
- We expect to see the unexpected and for the candidate to be ready to take on these challenges as Lunar Ventures continues to grow
HOW YOU CAN EXPECT TO GROW WITH US
- Jumpstart a CFO career track with hands-on learning in an environment with extensive professional growth opportunities
- Generate the fundamental skill-set needed to navigate the real-world nuances of fund governance and economics
- Develop a deep understanding of the intricacies of the asset management industry, its value chain, and its main stakeholders
- Work with a highly motivated, ambitious, and visionary team with experience from the corporate and finance sectors, academia, startups, and the military intelligence
- Gain visibility to exciting companies who are creating the cutting-edge and game-changing technologies that will shape our future
- Get exposure and opportunity to work with Lunar’s AAA investor base, including the best institutional LPs in Europe, founders of the most prominent crypto tokens, and serial entrepreneurs
HOW TO APPLY
- Please contact: email@example.com
- Please share your CV and a short cover letter with the following:
- Why you are a good fit for this role
- Why your experience is relevant
- Why this job is a fit with your personal ambitions
- OPTIONAL: Salary expectations