Idekapital is a leading Norwegian venture capital / growth investor offering funding and support to ambitious software and technology companies with international potential.
We are a professional and driven team with diverse and complementary backgrounds with substantial experience in founding, building, and investing in growth companies. Besides making excellent investment decisions on behalf of our investors, we are also helping our portfolio companies build commercial success. Read more about the team at idek.no/team.
We are about to start investing from our second fund and have more than 1 bn NOK in assets under management. Learn more about our fund and our portfolio at https://idek.no/.
WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR
The ideal candidate for the Investment Manager position has a passion for investing in and helping small software companies scale internationally. We are looking for a quite exceptional allrounder, with advanced problem-solving skills and the ability to think strategically, analytically and creatively. You will be operating in a high-pressure environment that will require you to get your hands dirty and work hard.
In order to succeed in this role, you will need the following skillset:
- Analytical and thorough
- Structured and detail oriented
- Collaborative and positive
- Driven, curious and a “doer” mentality
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
We believe the ideal candidate has several of the following experiences and capabilities:
- Master’s degree in Technology, Business, Finance or similar
- 5-15 years’ experience from the Software or Tech Industry, Management Consulting, Private Equity, Investment Banking or similar
- Experience from investing in and scaling companies
- You are a PowerPoint and Excel wizard
- International experience
- Has a relevant network
- Fluency in English and one of the Scandinavian languages required
HOW YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE
You will be working closely with experienced and dedicated investment professionals. You will be a part of a small team with a flat organizational structure, which means your days will typically be quite diverse and sometimes unpredictable.
Some of the major responsibilities for the Investment Manager includes:
- Source new deals and identify new investments
- Be on the deal teams and Investment Committee on new investment opportunities
- Represent Idekapital on various arenas
- Conduct high-level research; analyse market, examine industry trends, track competitive landscape
- Analyze financial data and build predictive financial models
- Analysis and support on behalf of the portfolio companies
- Produce presentations and reports
- Perform additional operational work for Idekapital when needed
Our new Investment Manager will work mainly from our offices in Vika in Oslo, but we are quite flexible with regards to working from home.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV and application to our Managing Partner, Kristian Øvsthus at email@example.com. We will be reviewing applications as they come in. We will not consider applicants who don’t apply by email.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!