Cisco’s Corporate Development team drives Cisco’s long-term growth strategy through acquisitions and venture capital investments. The team dedicatedly sources new opportunities, develops strategic perspectives on creative market segments, executes on M&A transactions and actively handles VC investments. Cisco is looking to add a few rare team members to grow its organization and support the company’s continued growth. Managers are an integral part of the deal team and will lead/support a wide range of activities.
What You’ll Do
- You will identify and evaluate strategic investment and acquisition opportunities
- You will develop an “outside-in” view on market trends and shifts which impact Cisco and our customers
- You will be able to understand industry landscapes, conduct market analysis and perform company benchmarking
- You will help build the business case and model returns in close partnership with business unit leaders
- You will negotiate deal-terms, lead strategic execution, and manage all stages of due diligence
- You will work collaboratively across functional teams (i.e. engineering, finance, integration, legal, HR, tax) to drive timelines and execute on transactions
- You will provide senior executives with necessary insight to drive intelligent, informed decision-making
Who You’ll Work With
Cisco is a leading high-tech company that delivers the network that powers the Internet and offers Enterprise, Data Center, Service Provider, Collaboration, Cloud, Security, IoT, and Analytics platforms. Cisco Investments/Corporate Development is responsible for global M&A and venture investments. We are consistently one of the most active acquisition and investment teams in technology. Our global team includes more than 40 deal professionals and portfolio development specialists with deep market and technology expertise, and we have a local presence in major geographies, including the US, Europe, Israel, China, India and Singapore. As an active investor for over 20 years, Cisco Investments has invested in hundreds of companies across different segments and helped them build to successful IPOs or acquisitions. We have an active portfolio of >$2B with direct investments around the world, and we hold Limited Partner positions in over 45 funds globally. With an active portfolio of over 120 companies and having completed 217 acquisitions, the team has unparalleled experience and visibility across the tech industry.
Who You Are
- You should be entering your final year of studies towards an MBA degree
- Experience in corporate development, investment banking, management consulting or venture capital/private equity
- Demonstrated interest in enterprise technology and familiarity with Cisco products
- Strong interpersonal skills, team player and ability to drive impact across teams
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative analytical skills, including experience building financial models and valuing companies
- Intellectually curious thinker, highly motivated, adaptable and a mature standout colleague
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
If interested, please apply here.