INVESTMENT MANAGER, AVESTA FUND
Do you believe that entrepreneurs can change the world? Do you want to harness technology and capitalism to build a more just and sustainable world? Do you want to help build North America’s leading seed-stage impact investing platform? If so, read on…
About Avesta Fund
Avesta Fund invests in seed-stage technology startups that help fight inequality and/or climate change, while prioritizing diverse founders. Avesta’s unique Seed Impact Investing at Scale model is poised to deliver top venture returns and measurable impact. Avesta’s model combines:
- Sourcing-at-Scale: Plug into top accelerator programs (Techstars, 500 Startups, Elemental Accelerator, LA Cleantech Incubator, MassChallenge, Village Capital…) for qualified deal flow.
- Investing-at-Scale: Apply data-driven investment approaches used by leading Seed-at-Scale investors like Techstars, Y Combinator and 500 Startups.
- Impact-at-Scale: Bake impact into a startup’s DNA early through structured impact coaching, adapting methods used by leading impact investors like Omidyar, MacArthur and Gates.
Avesta’s leaders (Srikant Vasan and Stuart Davidson) have 40+ years of experience in VC, impact investing and tech startups. Having recently closed on Avesta Fund I, we aim to raise subsequent funds every 2-3 years so we can build North America’s leading seed-stage venture fund targeting impact-oriented startups over the next 10+ years. We plan to add an Investment Manager as a core member of our Investment team. For the right candidate, this offers a unique opportunity to join this platform at launch and grow into a partnership role over the next several years.
- Deal Sourcing: Nurture accelerator relationships, Gain early visibility into deals, Conduct initial review and recruitment of companies, Manage deal pipeline
- Investing: Assist Investment Committee with investment decisions as needed, Help prepare investment memo
- Colorado LaunchPad: Partner with Energize Colorado to support portfolio companies that wish to expand to Colorado, by connecting them to key local resources (mentors, bizdev, talent…) and building a community of like-minded impact+tech entrepreneurs
- Impact Measurement & Reporting: Assist Avesta partners in coaching portfolio companies to align their impact with their business, and enable impact reporting and accountability
- Entrepreneurial empathy – ideally gained through 5+ years experience with tech startups, venture capital, and other fast-paced environments
- Bonus: Investment savvy to suss out good deals and their growth potential / downside risks
- Bonus: Expertise with scalable sustainability and climate tech solutions
- Comfortable with a minimal amount of direction and high expectations
- Understands the value of scalable systems and processes
- Effective communicator and collaborator
- Can plan and prioritize to meet multiple goals, while adapting to different situations
- Curious, Willing to learn, Wants to build and grow with a long-lasting platform
- Eligible to work in the US, Willing to move to Denver / Boulder, Colorado
Email email@example.com to learn more.