At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.Job Description:Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) is currently hiring a Business Development and Digital Innovation Lead within the MSK Office of Technology Development (OTD).
We are looking for an experienced technology transfer professional and highly driven innovator engaged in the ecosystem of venture capital, corporate spinouts, and investments at the intersection of healthcare, pharma and information technology.
The DV Lead will change the landscape in the emerging edge of oncology, leading strategic and transactional aspects of major tech transfer / IP licensing transactions and other business development activities, including an oncology accelerator program. This industry leader will meaningfully craft MSK’s growing digital health capabilities via (1) providing thought leadership alongside industry luminaries (2) operationally driving the end-to-end deal process (3) maintaining close relationships with MSK and partner executive leadership; and (4) defining and navigating projects alongside a team of high energy self-starters.
End to End Deal Execution: You will own the execution of projects for multiple client engagements, merging early stage and large pharma business perspectives, digital health technologies and world renown oncology research. This person will work with companies at all stages across the capital lifecycle to apply your industry knowledge, identify and structure collaboration opportunities, and shepherd engagements through all elements of their lifespan.
Executive communication and self-starter: Consistent interaction with both external and MSK senior executive management on high visibility and time sensitive projects will underlie everything you do. You’ll have outstanding chances to create consistent dialogues with internal and external executives and investors, becoming a trusted advisor on MSK’s partner ecosystem and overall intellectual property assets. However, identifying and defining the opportunity and then driving the execution will be up to you with significant freedom of action. Join us to invent and then build the next stage of MSK’s digital oncology future.
Broad scope: You will also gain a comprehensive understanding of the broad MSK portfolio of cancer research and clinical treatment as you help guide MSK’s digital oncology strategy. Lunch with Nobel laureates may be on your agenda.
Does this sound exciting to you? We encourage you to apply today! At the management teams request, please submit a cover letter highlighting your experience with submission to this position.
- Dedication to meaningfully transforming oncology diagnosis and treatment.
- Dedication to a constant, steep learning curve across diverse business areas in healthcare, technology and pharmaceutical development.
- Ability to critically evaluate concepts, inventions, business models, including compilation of background information on technology, and potential markets to support business cases for investment.
- High integrity that engenders a trusted advisor relationship with our senior leaders and those of our partners.
- Ability to bridge creative and quantitative skills sets to drive a path forward in emerging, unstructured technologies and research areas.
- Program management skills to define new opportunities and operationally manage transactions/diligence processes including timelines and budgets.
- Direct contracting experience related to technology transfer, IP licensing, mergers, acquisitions, or investments.
What you need:
- 5 years of relevant healthcare technology experience
- Program management experience in a sophisticated, technical environment
- Excellent judgment, as well as organizational and communication skills
- Prior experience with technology transfer, significant IP licensing, mergers, acquisitions, or direct investments.
- Prior experience in healthcare/pharmaceutical startups or spinouts, venture capital, technical business development in healthcare technology, especially oncology-specific is highly preferred.
LocationFully remote due to Covid-19 – Office location is 633 Third Avenue, New York NY
BenefitsCompetitive compensation packages | Generous Vacation, Sick time + 12 holidays to recharge & refuel | Internal Career Mobility & Performance Consulting | Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA & Dependent Care | 403b retirement savings plan match | Tuition Reimbursement | 12 Weeks Maternity/Paternity & Adoption Assistance | Spending Account | Fitness Discounts & Wellness Program | Resource Networks | Life Insurance & Disability | Remote Flexibility
IF interested, please apply here.