Position: Capital Formation Coordinator
Reports to: Capital Formation Manager
LaunchTN aims to make Tennessee the best state in the nation for start-ups by empowering a high-functioning network of resources focused on core priorities that support Tennessee’s entrepreneurial ecosystem. Partnering with state-wide Network Partners and other stakeholders, we aim to build an accountable environment of systemic teamwork, collaboration, and communication that supports our three core strategies:
- Build new and enable existing resources for an entrepreneur and innovation ecosystem across the state.
- Create greater awareness of the impact of our work.
- Operate with reliable and scalable fiscal and operating policy and procedures.
Our organization believes that:
- We are trailblazers in the innovation economy.
- We believe audacious pursuit of entrepreneurship drives sustainable business creation that transforms communities.
- We create connectivity through collaboration among our stakeholders to enable a high functioning environment in which entrepreneurs can thrive.
- Through authentic leadership and partnership, our words and actions demonstrate dedication and enthusiasm for our mission.
Our team values are:
- Collaboration and teamwork
- World-Class quality
- Continuous improvement and learning
- Accountability for actions, behaviors, performance and decisions
- Champion diversity and inclusion
This position works alongside the Capital Formation Manager and others to generate deal flow, present investments, and ensure quality administration of funding and other resources. This person will focus on capital but work collaboratively and cross-functionally to help LaunchTN provide in-demand resources and information to key stakeholders.
- Proactively market the fund and generate deal flow among TN based startups, utilizing Pitchbook, Startup Space, Network Partners and other sources to create outreach lists
- Manage and update pipeline and portfolio information systems (Salesforce, Startup Space, tracking documents)
- Perform due diligence on potential investment opportunities such as market sizing, competitive analysis, and financial analysis
- Make internal presentations on potential investment opportunities to the Investment Team
- Schedule Investment Committee meetings and send investment memos
- Request and compile data from portfolio companies (quarterly and annually); calculate portfolio metrics
- Manage and execute portfolio support requests
- File shareholder updates from portcos as they come to the Impact Email account and distribute to relevant team members
- Curate investor and startup outreach lists with information pertinent to relationship growth (recruitment, 36|86, co-investment, etc)
- Collaborate with team members to plan events and other opportunities for investor engagement
- Provide requested information, navigation, and resources to investors and other stakeholders as requested by Capital Formation Manager and team
Startup Space (Funding Hub)
[In collaboration with the Portfolio Fund Team]
- Provide general support and information to users
- Evaluate startup and investor applications for inclusion in the hub
- Upload relevant resources and articles to the Knowledge Center
- Keep event calendar up to date with relevant events, opportunities, and deadlines (public-facing)
- Compile, calculate, and analyze data on Tennessee startup investment activity from various sources such as Pitchbook, SEC filings, and press releases for quarterly KPI tracking, board presentations and an annual research report
- Monitor VC investment trends across various industries, stages, and geographies to help guide strategic planning and programming initiatives
- Benchmark similar startup ecosystems to Tennessee and analyze best practices for Launch Tennessee to implement across the state
- Collaborate with other LaunchTN team members to provide research to stakeholders proactively or upon request
- 4-Year Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business, Economics, or Mathematics/Data Science, Engineering, or Computer Science
- Recent undergrad with 1-2 years experience or related internship
- Ideal: internship or analyst position at a Venture Capital or PE firm
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint), Database management (Startup Space, Salesforce), Slack, G-Suite, Formstack
- Creative problem solver
- Strong relationship skills
- Exceptional written and oral communication abilities
- Excellent work ethic; ability to work both collaboratively and independently while managing multiple projects
- Strong logistics capabilities and organizational skills
- Interest in expanding experience and knowledge about entrepreneurship, venture capital investment, and economic development
LaunchTN is an equal opportunity employer. Please send inquiries and resume to email@example.com