At CoinShares, our mission is to expand access to the digital asset ecosystem while serving
as trusted partners for our clients. We believe that Bitcoin and blockchain networks are
landmark innovations that will fundamentally reshape the global financial system, and that
investors should be able to participate in this transformation. We achieve this mission by
providing institutional-grade investments products and services for digital asset investors.
The CoinShares Group is a pioneer in digital asset investing and manages billions of dollars
in assets on behalf of a global investor base, with offices in Jersey, Stockholm, London, and
We are looking for a driven crypto enthusiast who will work closely with the Chief Strategy
Officer (CSO) on researching, developing, and deploying investment themes in early-stage
equity, protocols, and ecosystems in the crypto space via CoinShares Ventures.
You are our “eyes and ears” and will be responsible for gathering information on key industry
trends, coordinating and conducting conversations with market participants, companies and
institutions to evaluate the current state of these trends, and synthesizing this knowledge
into actionable insight by writing investment memos, research briefs, and other deliverables
in close collaboration with our CSO and the broader CoinShares Research team.
As an investment professional, you will help keep the deal execution on track, and work in
close coordination with the Legal and Compliance team, as well as Finance and Fund
Administration. You will prepare quarterly reports, help develop and deploy performance
management and risk management tools with the Operations team and make strategic
recommendations to automate and streamline processes to minimize risk and make the
investment team more efficient.
This role is fast-paced and involves working side by side with the Chief Strategy Officer on a
daily basis. You will have unparalleled exposure and access to industry leaders.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Investment Research & Thesis Development
• Develop and draft research reports on key investment themes.
• Coordinate with Marketing and Compliance to prepare research outputs for publication,
and develop distribution plans and marketing campaigns for both content and events.
• Support the Investment team in disseminating ideas to the market in novel ways.
• Provide hands on support to the CSO and other team executives in preparing
presentations, analysis, and other market facing insights.
Deal Sourcing & Execution
• Manage venture deal pipeline using an online CRM (we use Attio).
• Manage both inbound and outbound outreach and ensure the pipeline stays up to date.
• Initiate contact with target companies, conduct or support diligence calls, aggregate
notes and analysis, and manage agenda for bi-weekly pipeline review meetings.
• Coordinate investment committee meetings and liaise with legal, finance, and other
departments to implement action items following these meetings.
• Support deal execution as needed, including gathering documentation, developing
questions on areas for further inquiry, analyzing risks and other investment factors.
• Work with the Technology team to identify possible automation tools to streamline
organizational data flow and reduce inefficiencies and manual work between teams, and
to build dashboards for reporting and data visualization.
• Gather and manage monthly and quarterly portfolio company performance data and
support Portfolio Review meetings on a monthly basis with Investment Team.
• Conduct market research and data gathering on companies and their competitors both
in industry and outside industry.
• Support and help shape and refine post-investment portfolio management process.
• Engage co-investors to support companies with capital raising on an as needed basis.
• Collaborate with team to research, evaluate, and implement new investment themes
• Support thesis development or service provider recommendations
Any other such duties as may be reasonably required by the Investment Associate role.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
• 2 or more years of working experience in financial services essential.
• Intellectual curiosity and a passion for all things cryptocurrency.
• Attention to detail and ability to frame ideas and articulate broader macro context when
evaluating ideas and opportunities.
• Knowledge of, or willingness to learn about venture capital investing, investment
strategies, asset classes, and crypto markets.
• Excellent computer skills, including a high degree of proficiency in Word, Excel, and / or
equivalent, and an ability to produce reports to convey ideas with clarity and brevity.
• Ability to synthesize substantial volumes of information.
• Ability and desire to travel (25% or less).
• Ability to work Eastern Time zone business hours is required.
Diversity and Equal Opportunities
CoinShares Co is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against an
applicant or employee based on actual or perceived race, color, national origin, alienage,
citizenship, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, marital,
familial, caregiver or partnership status, religion, age, disability, genetic information, status
as a veteran or active military personnel in the uniformed services, arrest or conviction record,
credit history, unemployment status, status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or a sex
offense, or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the
Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation
is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment
opportunity without imposing undue hardship on CoinShares Co. Please inform the company’s
personnel representative if you need assistance to participate in the application process.
Applications & Closing Date:
To apply, please send an email with your resume and a summary of an investment idea, not
to exceed 500 words, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to include a link to a bio,
website, or any other online content that you feel best represents your relevant experiences
to date. Please reference the job title in the subject of your email. No Agencies please.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and
eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility
verification form upon hire.
All applications will be reviewing on a rolling basis.