You will be outwardly representing the Climate Pledge Fund to the startup and venture community, focusing on developing and managing relationships with founders, investors (financial and strategic), and VC portfolio teams. You will act as a critical interface to the startup ecosystem for all facets of the Climate Pledge Fund and help develop investment theses and identify thematic areas of focus.
Internally, your role will require working with the highest levels of the Corporate Development and Sustainability organizations, demanding strong presence, leadership and influencing skills. You will be responsible for sourcing, researching and supporting Climate Pledge Fund investments as well as developing perspectives on future investment areas.
Your success in this role will draw upon your past success of leading and driving multiple complex programs to meet business objectives, a customer-obsessed and collaborative approach, strong data and metrics bias, and a passion for working with sustainability and cleantech startups. A keen sense of ownership, drive, and bias for action is a must, as is a passion for new and emerging technologies and how they can shape the future.
- Develop and manage relationships with startups as well as venture capital investors and other influencers within the ClimateTech startup ecosystem
- Identify appropriate opportunities through interaction with venture investors, investment bankers, and organic pipeline generation
- Lead pre-transaction diligence efforts and draft investment memos
- Establish internal communication mechanisms and cadences to keep stakeholders and sponsors updated and engaged
- Own program communications internally and externally
- Deep experience with Sustainability and CleanTech sectors
- 5+ years experience working with or at early-stage and growth companies, Accelerators/Incubators, and/or venture capital firms
- Strong bias for action and ability to work independently with ambiguity toward stated goals with minimal oversight
- Experience and credibility as a leader in an environment with the ability to influence without direct authority and collaborate across organizations
- Excellent business and financial acumen and negotiation skills
- Proven ability to communicate effectively (oral and written) to influence a range of teams and executive leaders across multiple businesses
- 5+ years of experience developing, leading, negotiating and executing corporate and/or business transactions
- 5+ years of professional work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree
IF interested, please apply here.