We are looking to bring on a full-time associate-level Investor to join our lean and collaborative US investment team in Palo Alto, California.
World Innovation Lab (WiL) is a US & Japan-based venture capital firm with capital from governments and leading global corporations in Japan and throughout Asia, including Sony, Nissan, NTT, KDDI, and 7-Eleven. WiL helps US startups expand to Japan and Asia, and Japanese startups expand worldwide.
Recent direct company investments include Asana, Automation Anywhere, Auth0, DataRobot, Kong, Mercari, MURAL, Wise, and Unqork. In addition to direct investment, WiL invests in exceptional venture funds – both established and emerging. Our mission is to be the bridge between startups and corporates in key hubs across the globe – starting with Japan and the US.
As an Investor, you will be key in driving all aspects of our investment process, from deal sourcing, due diligence, deal closing, supporting portfolio companies, and representing our firm in our Limited Partners and the broader entrepreneurship ecosystem.
We run a lean and collaborative team, so you will be supporting our investment partners in these processes with a special focus on quantitative modeling & analysis, along with driving your own deals, in potentially new focus areas you are passionate about.
You will also be able to contribute to our fundraising effort, along with supporting our Limited Partners’ new business development initiatives via partnerships with current and prospective portfolio companies.
Qualifications & skills:
● MBA or Bachelor’s degree in STEM, Economics or Business preferred
● 4+ years of experience; quantitative analytical experience in financial services (e.g. investment banking, private equity) or in consulting preferred
● Prior experience or strong passion in tech
● Outstanding analytical, financial modeling, presentation, and communication skills
● Work well with others in a diverse, global-minded, and collaborative team environment
● Humility, positive can-do attitude, proactivity, creative-thinking, empathy, and high emotional intelligence are must-have qualities we value
Additional nice to have qualifications:
● Strong existing network in startup ecosystem
● Experience working at high growth companies
● Proficiency in Japanese helpful but not required
We build our team with people who share our values and want to join our mission to connect startups and corporates in driving innovation across the globe, starting with the US and Japan.
● Win as a Team
● Be a Doer
● Leverage Our Differences
● Act with Civility
● Think Beyond
We are committed to creating and fostering a diverse and inclusive team. We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply.
If interested, please apply here.