Worklife is a specialized firm building and backing tools for modern work
We’re backed by Zoom CEO Eric Yuan, Slack CEO Stewart Butterfield & founders of high growth software companies
Worklife was founded in 2019 and in its first year has backed Hopin, the fastest company to a $2.1B valuation & 13 companies valued over $100m built by top teams from Airbnb, Palantir, Slack & more
We’re multi-stage by design: we write the first check for teams leaving top companies all the way to the last financing round before an IPO
We value categorical excellence over stage, valuation, and ownership targets. We’re founder friendly and make decisions quickly
Learn more: http://www.worklife.vc
About the role:
We are looking for an experienced software investor to lead our follow-on strategy and make new investments from our opportunity fund
- Build direct relationships with founders of high growth startups
- Create systems and programs to help companies scale
- Develop the firm’s services offering for growth stage companies
- 4-5 years of venture experience, preferably at a multi-stage firm
- Board-level exposure as an observer or board member
Partner will source, win, and support their investments with a great deal of autonomy. We will occasionally take board seats for companies, although it is up to the discretion of the partner
- Comfortable driving engineering and design related projects
We value bold big ideas that require an engineer and a designer vs. traditional VC dinners and conventional playbooks. We operate more like a startup than a traditional venture firm
- Organized, accountable, and operates with intensity
While we are friendly, respectful, and encourage a healthy amount of vacation, we work long hours and frequently take calls on evenings and weekends to help the companies that we’ve backed.
We make investment decisions in days, not weeks.
We reply to founder emails and investor updates within 24 hours
- Knowledgeable about key functions of a startup: Product, Engineering, Design, Marketing, Sales, Customer Success
We help with product-led growth, early GTM & host workshops and office hours to give companies access to the best founders and operators in our category
We’re looking for someone that’s a natural super-connector and can hit the ground running on new programs for key functions
- Worklife is a remote-first company with deep roots in Silicon Valley: we use the tools we’ve backed to effectively work asynchronously, however we frequently host workshops and events in Silicon Valley
- We are looking for someone with a strong Bay Area network ideally someone who has sourced multiple investments across workplace productivity, developer tools, social networks, software for creators and small businesses
- Experience & Leveling: compensation will include generous carry and a great deal of autonomy with generous bonuses for new investments sourced
- Start date: March/April, however open to a later start date for the right candidate. This is the first investor role with more to follow, so please apply even if it’s more opportunistic
We’re the first venture capital firm designed for a new era.
Where work is more creative and anyone can start something.
Where life is more flexible and not tied to an office. Where everyone is a triple threat.
We’re investors in the latest tools to start your own business from anywhere including Webflow, Tandem, Mux, Roam Research, Public, Stir and more.
Whether it’s a podcast, jewelry line, merch shop or venture-backed tech company, Worklife has backed tools for you to start a business without ever writing a line of code.
If interested, please apply here.