An exciting and diverse role, the Investor is a core part of the investment team throughout the lifecycle of an investment, from deal origination and execution to portfolio management
- Deal origination: market research, networking with other VC funds and entrepreneurs, apply critical thinking to filter investment opportunities
- Deal execution: analysis of investment and exit opportunities covering market, business, product, operations, financials/KPIs and valuation
- Due diligence: combination of external (meetings with founders, industry experts, competitors) and internal (sector analysis, competition, product deep dive) DD
- Development and presentation of memos to the investment committee
- Monitoring of portfolio: sector, competitors, company KPIs, Board meetings, etc.
- Motivation: strong enthusiasm about VC/Tech, strong interest in Sustainability
- At least 1-2 years experience in Venture Capital
- An additional 2-3 years of previous experience in relevant sectors (Investment Banking, Strategic Consulting or Tech start-ups/scale-ups)
- Well-rounded, with strong communication/interpersonal and analytical skills
- Curious, motivated and enthusiastic, self-starter and autonomous, confident with gravitas, strong values
- Language skills: English (professional), Spanish (conversational); native speaker in another European language would be an advantage
- Location: Flexible (1-2 years in Madrid is a plus)
- Starting date: Immediately
Seaya Ventures is an international VC that invests in Tech startups with the ambition to become global leaders. We invest in a wide range of sectors with an increasing emphasis on Sustainability, e.g. GreenTech, Circular Economy, Food/Agtech, ESG, etc. The platform currently manages >€500M and has partnered with global disruptors and unicorns such as Glovo (acquired by Delivery Hero, top 5 Tech exit in Europe in recent years), Wallbox (public, NYSE:WBX) and Cabify (ride-hailing market leader).
Seaya looks to be the lead investor in early-stage businesses; we are a hands-on partner to the founding team and help them grow their business internationally using our sector expertise, operational know-how and international network. We are a very close and horizontal team. Work is fun, while autonomy, exposure and responsibility are high. Our values are: i) do the right thing, ii) care about founders & investors, iii) excellence, iv) look for win/win outcomes, v) be brave building convictions, and vi) be humble and open to learn constantly.
If interested, please apply here.