With the news of our most recent $100M fund, NextView is looking to add a new member of our investment team based in New York. If you or someone that you know might be a great fit for this role, please apply here.
Since we first opened our New York office back in 2015, we have steadily increased our presence over the years. Roughly 40% of our investments are in the region, including TripleLift (recent $1.4B buyout announced by Vista), Attentive (recent $470M series E), and Parsec (recent $25M series B led by A16Z). We continue to believe that NYC is very underserved by seed investors who can lead with high conviction, and we are excited to continue to grow our presence in this fabulous city.
Who Are We Looking For
- You are a native of NYC tech with a strong network. You have 4-6 years of professional experience as a technology operator, founder, or investor in New York. You know the ecosystem and have a network that is additive to the rest of the team.
- You have unbounded curiosity for emerging trends, a love for experimentation, and you’re always eager to dive into new products and technologies before others do. You are intentional about developing a point of view on new sectors that we can learn from.
- You have a point of view on emerging technology and business models, and you are not afraid to voice your conviction. At the same time, you are willing to consider others’ inputs and refine your viewpoint.
- You are a self-starter and enjoy approaching work independently without much direction.
- You act as an “invited guest.”
- You are hungry. You have a deep desire to learn the venture capital business and are ready to hustle to meet the next great founder.
- You have an authentic passion for startups and a deep respect for entrepreneurship.
- You resonate with the NextView mission to “design the future that we want to live in”
- You enjoy meeting new people and have a healthy appetite for conversation.
What Will The Job Be Like
This role will be a full-fledged member of the close-knit NextView investment team, and we expect you to actively contribute to investment discussions and strategy topics to help sharpen our collective thinking.
You will spend 60-80% of your time helping identify new investment opportunities and expand NextView’s network and presence in NYC (and beyond). You will spend the rest of your time working alongside the partners throughout the investment process – analyzing investment opportunities, assisting in market research and diligence, and post-investment portfolio support.
You will be based in the NYC office. However, you will serve as a co-pilot on deals with all four partners, across the geographies we cover.
NextView is a thematic, seed-stage VC firm focused on the Everyday Economy with $200M+ of committed capital under management. We invest nationally across Consumer and B2B, while most of our investments are based in NYC, SF/Bay Area, and Boston. We are proud seed investors of over 100 portfolio companies over the last decade, including Attentive, TripleLift, Grove Collaborative, Skillz, ThredUP, Devoted Health, WHOOP, Dia&Co, Parsec, Troops, and Code Climate.
We have a high-conviction, hands-on approach to seed investing. We lead or co-lead most of our investments and we develop our individual conviction vs. trying to hang around the hoop for market signals. We make fewer investments on a per-partner basis than nearly all seed funds in the country, so we have the bandwidth to take board seats and stand shoulder-to-shoulder with founders at the seed stage to try to make the biggest possible impact. Check out our blog for how we think about company building and investing.
A Final Note
Our goal is to conduct a broad and inclusive search for this role. We are firm believers that diverse points of view strengthen the collective intellectual equity and long-term performance, and we truly welcome people with a broad set of backgrounds and perspectives to apply.
How To Apply
Please submit your application here – it helps us track all candidates centrally. All applications will be reviewed confidentially.