Two Sigma is a financial sciences company, combining data analysis, invention, and rigorous inquiry to help solve the toughest challenges in investment management, insurance technology, securities, private equity, and venture capital.
Our team of scientists, technologists, and academics looks beyond the traditional to develop creative solutions to some of the world’s most complex economic problems.
Two Sigma Ventures invests in early-stage, data-driven startups across a wide variety of industries. We partner with transformative companies that leverage the exponentially increasing availability of information, advancements in the science of computing, and the ingenuity and problem-solving of visionary humans. As part of Two Sigma, we provide entrepreneurs access to a proprietary network of data scientists, technologists, and startup resources to give them a competitive edge. Two Sigma Ventures is seeking a Summer Investment Associate to be a hands-on contributor to all aspects of our investment process.
You Will Take On The Following Responsibilities
- Joining a small, fun and entrepreneurial team, receiving significant responsibility during the summer
- Learning about the landscape of venture capital and early stage technology companies
- Working with the TSV team, and many other groups within Two Sigma, in many parts of the investment process, including finding new early-stage investment opportunities, company and market evaluation, structuring, negotiation, and ongoing portfolio management
- Exposure to a broad set of companies, many of which are in the early stages of transforming their industries
- Interacting with entrepreneurs in NYC and becoming embedded in the flow of the start-up community
You Should Possess The Following Qualifications
- Major in a STEM subject and a passion for data and technology
- Previous work in a startup environment
- A collaborative and creative nature with intellectual curiosity
- Some experience with financial modeling
- Must have at least a 3.0 GPA
You’ll have the chance to attend all Two Sigma events, from brown bag lunches to our ongoing series of guest speakers. We’ll host intern-specific social events to help you get to know other Two Sigma employees and explore all that surrounding New York City has to offer.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics.
If interested, please apply here.